CCB ANOTHER NEW LOW

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by GS, Apr 9, 2000.

1. GS

GS Guest

Well CROOKS COUNTRY BANK does it again.
    Their toll free number 800-750-9977 has
    benn closed. This number was the number
    customers could call and check balances,
    make pay by phone payments, talk to their
    immoral customer service department. All FREE
    Now you have to call their long distance
    number and pay for the call. I guess the free
    number was costing them to much since they didn't charge 50 cents per inquiry. So again
    CCB shows their true color (money green).
    Any thing they can do to screw the customer.
    Hey Joseph, is this the actions of a bank
    that has the potential to be a leader in the sub-prime market. CCB has proven one thing time after time and that is they don't want to be a leader. CCB and most of their employees are both without morals and ethics.
    Any young people looking for their first credit card stay away from Cross Country Bank
    they will damage your credit, and it will take you years to clean it back up. And during those years you will have trouble
    getting a mortgage for a house. And the bad problem is, it will be all because CCB
    screwed you over something that was their
    fault to start with. Granted CCB doesn't get to everyone, but the percentage rate of the people they screw is very high in comparison
    with the ones they don't. So if you do business with CCB GOOD LUCK, you will need it. And those that say pay your bill on time and you will have no problem with CCB are nuts, It does not matter that you pay on time, or pay 3 time the minimum, or never go over limit. They have shafted alot of customers over their own mistakes that they
    make you pay for. SO BEWARE

2. luckystar

luckystar Guest

RE: CCB ANOTHER NEW LOW????

Hi GS and anyone who knows of bad dealings with ccb,
    I have an account with them and I'm concerned by what I have just read. I would like to forward it to CCB and get their comments. How do they screw your credit, if you make on time payments etc.? Please inform me. They were the first to offer me an unsecured card and have upgraded my card to platinum. I think the interest rate is higher than some. But then again, my credit worthiness wasn't all that worthy. If anyone can verify these comments from gs please tell me more details. I'd really like to bring it to their attention!!! Before I get screwed??
    Thanks to all, Luckystar not feeling so lucky now!

3. dw

dw Guest

Read all the former postings here about CCB, they speak for themselves. I been privy to this board for about 1 1/2 years now, and can verify the postings are just about all the same, from people who have been screwed by CCB, one way or another. Every so often some idiot who claims to be a CCB Rep. will get stupid and try to defend them. Pay close attention to the NUMBER of counter attacks that testify to the contrary!!

Read on, make your own determination.

4. luckystar

luckystar Guest

RE: Thanks DW

thanks DW for replying,
    But what do I do now? I have good size balance and cannot pay it off soon. How I can I protect myself until I do? Have you noted any listings that say how they destroy customers credit? I am concerned, I am currently rebuilding a seven year old credit history and do not want any neg. reporting. By the way, is it true that all listings will be deleted after 7 years? Or do I have to make sure that they are? I have negative listings from my brother on my report also, how can I keep that from happening again?If you or anyone else can answer my 20 questions I sure would appreciate it. I have been through every inch of this site. Today was my first time, but I love it!!! What an idea! Luckystar (CCB customer..shhh)

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member

Good luck...you're the classic "CCB customer who's time hasn't come yet"...trust me...they'll get to you...

6. Don

Don Well-Known Member

Try this number:

(302) 326-4200 ext. 29000

If Mary (secretary) is out, ask for Rocco...let hom know what a happy CCB customer you are...

7. BOB

BOB Guest

Luckystar, One thing you could do to get away from the crooks is find another card
    that does balance transfer, and transfer
    your CCB balance to it. It will allow you to pay CCB all at once. Like GS said they don't
    screw everyone, but the odds are high enough
    that if you have spent a few years trying
    to rebuid your credit you might want to get
    away from CCB before it happens to you. They
    really are the nightmare of the credit world.
    Good Luck and I hope you get your credit
    cleared up. Sounds like your on the right
    track.

8. Len

Len Guest

Luckystar, sounds like you are doing well. Don't let Cross Country mess you up sometime in the future. Cross Country is the worst!

9. BobbyR

BobbyR Guest

I had a CCB card for about 8 months and had no problems (with the exception of the high interest rate..). I called the bank and told them I wanted to close the account, they gave me a balance, and I sent the check. Since then, I received a statement, but the availible credit line said n/a. Does this appear closed for real? Anybody had problems with them after closing an account?

10. GS

GS Guest

bobby alot of people have, I've read on
    this board where CCB has sent statements
    to customers 3-4 months after paying their account off completely, with late charges and all kinds of stupid FEEs, when contacted they say the account was never closed, or there was a still a balance after the customer paid what CCB said was the balance.
    So I'm not at all suprised, you will probably
    receive some more junk before it's over.

11. Debl

Debl Guest

I had CCB 2yrs ago, called for my balance, forwarded check the same night. The next month I was suprised to see a CREDIT balance, it seems they double charged three separate charges which inflated my balance by approx 200.00 It took many phone calls, letters to everyone from Visa International to the FTC, I finally received my refund 6 months later. The Fair Credit Billing acts states they must return your refund within 7 days, or 6 months if is in dispute. When I first called them about my credit balance and when I would receive my refund, I was told 3 or 4 different stories, but finally was told that my request for the refund was INVALID. I didn't know what that meant, and started writing everyone. If you need address or emails, let me know I'll forward them to you.. My suggestion, keep all correspondence including statements, letters sent to and received from CCB. Any correspondence to them must be return receipt. That way you can prove them received them. Good Luck

12. Shania

Shania Guest

I feel very lucky that CCB hasn't f**ked with me yet. But that doesn't mean that they won't do it if they have the opportunity.

13. Eric

Eric Guest

You sure that was Platinum and not silver?

luckystar wrote:
    -------------------------------
    They were the first to offer me an unsecured card and have upgraded my card to platinum. I think the interest rate is higher than some. But then again, my credit worthiness wasn't all that worthy.

14. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

In retrospect, if you (and a number of others on Credinet) knew then what you know now you would have sued them after a couple of months, WON, got your credit life back and ended the nightmare.

It must be obvious to everybody by now that thats the ONLY METHOD that will work with these CROOKS is the SUE THEM STRAIGHT TO HELL.

I agree wholeheartedly with keeping all one's correspondence and making it return receipt if one is dealing with lessor crooks such as First Bank of Marin, First (a prime bank with ripoff sub-prime policies) USA and other known undesirables. Its been a proven fact that these companies are far less likely to "lose" or "delay" one's payment if you have a receipt, subsequently, the minute you stop sending correspondence in this manner they'll go back to their same crooked tricks.

15. ROB

ROB Guest

DEBI,
    SOUNDS LIKE YOU WENT THROUGH WHAT I NOW HAVE TO ENDURE. I CAN'T SEEM TO GET A STRAIGHT ANSWERE FROM ANY OF THOSE IDIOTS AT CCB. I NEED HELP MY CREDIT HAS GONE FROM BAD TO WORSE BECAUSE OF THE GAME THEY ARE PLAYING WITH ME. ANY NAMES AND NUMBERS YOU CAN PROVIDE ME WOULD HELP ME OUT A GREAT DEAL.
    THANKS,
    ROB

16. rb

rb Guest

No problems at all. Then again, I've never had a problem with CCB (although I understand those who have) 3+ years now.

I had two CCB cards - closed the MC in October 99. No problem. NA means NOT AVAILABLE and indicates the account is closed. You can check your CCB account info via their web site, although it's not always up to date - the site still shows my closed account with an open credit line but with a last payment received in Oct-99 and no payment due (date). My credit reports show it reported as closed. I called them and they verified it as closed.

17. BOB

BOB Guest

Like we have said before, They don't get to everyone, but the percentage they get to as opposed to their total no. of customers is very very high compare to all the other banks. CCB is still nothing but a bunch of
    CROOKS out to make all they can even if it
    means stealing illegally out of customers account, or holding payments ETC. ETC.
    I think the majority here no what I mean.

18. Don

Don Well-Known Member

What a surprise...CCb showing an account open when it is really closed..

Always makes me wonder if they are crooks, or just truly the largest group of idiots ever to be assembled in one bank...

19. BOB

BOB Guest

Hey Don, Can you imagine a Bank full of
    CROOKED IDIOTS. When it comes to CCB I'm
    never surprised at the crooked idiotic
    things they do. They are the lowest of the low.