CCB Are Great Record Keepers

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by lbowman, Oct 1, 2001.

1. lbowman

lbowman Well-Known Member

In August, I sent a validation out to Cross Country Bank to see if they would bite, fully expecting them not to response. To my surprise, they did. They sent me a copy of all of my billing statements and photocopies of all of the check payments I've mailed to them. This is a valid charged-off account, so this is enough proof for me. My balance is $1055.00. Has anyone had any success with deletion with CCB? Should I offer the entire balance in exchange? Should I offer my credit limit (750.00)? Help and advice greatly needed.

2. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Too bad they are known for posting payments late. Amazing how they can keep such good records, but from what others have said on this board have a reputation for untimely payment posting!

3. lbowman

That's were my surprise came from!!!! I was sure that they would have lost my info by now. I guess loan sharks have to keep up good records to get people to cough up more money.

4. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Talk about double standards!

5. lbowman

Since I wrote them asking for validation and they gave it, maybe they'll be willing to trade me a deletion for payment. They're so hungry for payment, I think they'll bite.

I'll keep my fingers crossed. Eyes too!!!

6. Katco

Katco Well-Known Member

Only experience I have with this is.. My sister owed Amer. General over 900.oo. I suggested she over below this because of the 1099 tax form. They took the offer from her and she was pleased.

7. Katco

Katco Well-Known Member

over=offer. And also they gave her a letter confirming it was paid and never late.

8. lbowman

Katco,

What's that a collection agency or the original creditor? I hear they all have different "standards".

9. Katco

Katco Well-Known Member

It was the original creditor

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

(LSA)...LOAN SHARKS OF AMERICA promised to always be LOWER in interest rates than CCB... THE LSA doesn't want to be on the "LOWER THAN POND SCUM" LIST THAT CCB IS ON!!!

11. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

have you tried a different angle?

Compare the date your checks cleared your bank to the date your payments were posted.

see if you can catch them that way. they're notorious for payment posting issues.

If you can catch them on that, you have them and you can negotiate not suing them for a diminished settlement with full credit bureau deletions.

past that, I can only think of a normal settlement for deletion agreement.

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I caught FIRST USA with a DELAYED POSTING (they charged me a late fee)...two weeks after they received it...THEY SAID IT WAS A COMPUTER ERROR...

They are so stupid...THEY GAVE ME ALL THE AMMUNITION I NEEDED ON THE BACK OF MY CHECK!!!

At that time, I was paying my bills ONE DAY AFTER RECEIPT...

I came to the conclusion that it really does not matter when you pay your bill...if they "HOLD" your payment...

My AUNT and UNCLE gave me a bunch of money, so I paid bills really early, WAY before the due date.

13. mglanham

mglanham Well-Known Member

Exactly what was your aunt and uncles phone number again George?? I seem to have misplaced it.........

14. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

IT IS ALL GONE...we won't have to pay ESTATE TAXES, that way...HE has died...SHE need a bit to live on...