CCB for CAROLINE

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by BOB, Mar 19, 2000.

1. BOB

BOB Guest

CAROLINE said below that she doesn't understand why so many people are against
    Cross Country Bank, she has had no problems
    with them as of yet. Could some of you tell her what she has to look forward to. Let
    her know incase she wants to cancel her card before it to late or she gets in to deep
    with this bunch of crooks. I hate to see
    people get ripped off by this bunch. everybody needs to know the truth about CCB.
    So help this young lady before it's to late for her.

2. rb

rb Guest

Or maybe she's just one of the smart ones. I had two CCB cards, one for over 3 years. (I closed the other one recently when I obtained a better card, which is why I started with CCB years ago). Never a late payment. Never charged even close to the limit. And I never ONCE was charged any fees. Any credit card company can try to hose you if you're a day late or if you've gone over your limit by two bucks. But if you're smart enough to use the card for what it's intended - rebuilding your credit - and not for what most people end up doing - charging to the hilt and crying because of fees - then you should never have a problem. I guess Caroline and I just got lucky, eh?

3. Len

Len Guest

I never got near the limit on my card and was determined to rebuild my credit. Then, 18 months into my association with Cross Country, payments began to be lost, collection calls came at work, payments were delayed and late fees charged, billing errors were never corrected, and the self-satisfied smirk quickly disappeared from my face as reality (Cross Country style) hit me full force.
    The majority of Europeans survived the Black Plague. That fact hasn't done much for the plague's reputation and means nothing to the victims. When it becomes possible to search this board's archives, evidence pertaining to Cross Country's dishonesty and fraud will speak for itself.

4. BOB

BOB Guest

rb you and caroline are lucky so far, it
    doesn't matter how you use your account,
    you could have $400 avail. on a $500 limit,
    pay 2 weeks before due date for more than the minimum and if they can see a way to hold the payment, or lose it altogrther they
    will do it trust me. I know 4 people who
    have been shafted by these crooks and there
    crooked employees. I know one ex employee
    who told us they were told to hold payments,
    throw some in the trash and say they never got them. as before read below and see just how good of a bank they are. you were lucky
    they were busy with other people when you pymts arrived.

5. rc

rc Guest

i had the card a year and I haven't had any problems.

6. BOB

BOB Guest

rc you haven't been there long enough get
    ready when they send you a silver preferred
    card bend over because they getting ready to nail you. read through all the CCB stuff
    above and below this site, you will see what will happen to you. like i said you haven't been there long enough yet, they need your credit limit to be higher so that it's harder for you to pay off immediately, that
    way they can hold your payments a few days to show it late, or for some unknown reason
    your payment will be lost in the mail and never get there. I hate it that your looking thru rose colored glasses. but it won't be long CCB will wake you up. I hope you read the other material here about CCB and then make a decision to stay with CCB or get out before it's to late. Good Luck your going to
    need it

7. AW

AW Guest

whomever is saying they haven't had any problems with CCB...I can guarantee that first, you haven't had your card for longer than two years max, and second, you must not have a Silver card credit rating with them YET. And as far as "rb" is concerned, you sound suspiciously like you are saying that what CCB has done to myself and all these others is justified! Get a life!

8. rb

rb Guest

AW wrote:
    -------------------------------
    whomever is saying they haven't had any problems with CCB...I can guarantee that first, you haven't had your card for longer than two years max

I've had mine since early 1997. Can you add, or do I need to do that for you?

AW wrote:
    and second, you must not have a Silver card credit rating with them YET.

Yes, it's been a Silver for 2 years now.

AW wrote:
    And as far as "rb" is concerned, you sound suspiciously like you are saying that what CCB has done to myself and all these others is justified! Get a life!

I never said it is justified. If you are having legitimate problems, then so be it. I, however, utilized my cards for their intended purpose (rebuilding credit) and managed it properly. I never experienced what you claim to have experienced. If it's a crime for someone to say that they've had a good experience with a company, then I'm guilty.

Oh, and I have a life. Thanks to CCB helping me start my credit rebuilding process, I close on my new $170,000 home one week from today with an A+ loan. Sorry I can't say the same for you.

9. Michael Be

Michael Be Guest

I have had the card for about a year. All payments were made on time, blah, blah, blah then they started losing my payments, and zapping me with the late fees. By the time this was done I was close to the limit, so I tried the phone pay, 7 bux and they can't lose the payment. Trouble is they apply the phone pay before the payment, guess what? Right 27 bux over the limit fee, and so on. If I could find a card to transfer the balances to I would dump them in a heartbeat