CCB Has done some awful things

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by CiRcUs-FrE, Dec 11, 2000.

1. CiRcUs-FrE

CiRcUs-FrE Guest

Ok... Get this... My balance is 1370.95 which leaves me available credit of 329.00 (1700.00 limit) I got my account revoked for a couple returned checks (which was my fault because I wrote them checks faser then my deposits cleared) However when they resubmitted 99% of the time they were good. So the returned checks caused me to go over the limit some CCB decides to revoke my account. So I call them up and try to reason with them and they told me that if I bring the account current with a money order or Western Union and sent them a reinstatement fee of 50.00 (money order) that they will take the block off my account. So I rushed to Western Union and gave them 250.00 cash plus 11.95 for the quick collect fee and it posted within 24 hours. The next day I went to my local post office and purchased a 50.00 money order for my reinstatement fee and on the money order I wrote reinstatement fee. In 3 days it posted to my account as a payment and then 3 days later it posted as a reinstatement fee. So everything was fine. I was mailing them money orders like crazy that have been posted 3 days but last month they revoked my account again and I asked them why and they said "because of returned checks" And I keep telling them "why did you guys charge me with a reinstatement fee" and they never gave me a straight answer. So they "told me a person in their speciality department would call me" Nothing happened. No one called. However 3 days later my card was working again. So I charged something for 65.00 and it was good. It went through. Then I paid CCB another 25.00 money order that posted in a couple days and guess what... My account is revoked again And I got a letter in the mail yesterday that says Amount due 0.00 (since I am current) And my balance. And says Dear....... We have revoked your bankcad account and have cancelled all credit cards issued in connection with it. Any further use of the cards after notice of revocation may constitute a violation of frad statutes. So why did they reinstate my card just to revoke it again just to re open it again just to revoke it again. Is there any way I can fix this. Your advise is greatly appreciated.

2. Kevin Yaeg

Kevin Yaeg Guest

RE: CCB Has done some awful th

My suggestion is to pay your bill on time and pay only by Western Union and/or money orders.

Banks wont cancel your account with ontime payments and never going over your credit limit.

3. Kevin Yaeg

Kevin Yaeg Guest

By the way.. WHO IS CCB? Web address?

4. CiRcUs-FrE

CiRcUs-FrE Guest

CCB - Cross Country Bank.. www.crosscountrybank.com And the weird thing is that I have every money order reciept that I mailed them and they still revoked my account.

5. Russ

Russ Guest

Hmm 99% of the time isn't 100%. You are saying your check bounced 1 out of 100 times the next time they ran it? Hmm you pay a lot of bounced check fee's eh? Anyhow, you should learn from example; (CCB) isn't the most user friendly bank. If you give them a reason to screw you; they will. Sometimes they will just screw you for no reason, but generally if you mess with them (bounce a LOT of checks in your case) they will mess with you. Maybe you should pull your CHEX record and see if your bank is reporting all the bounced checks.

6. rolo

rolo Well-Known Member

I thought you stayed on top of

WELL freak, a couple of months back everyone on this board was telling you to dump ccb, and you said they were the best credit card company on the planet.I also remember you saying you stay on top of your card twenty four seven.I guess you ate those words!

7. CiRcUs-FrE

CiRcUs-FrE Guest

RE: I thought you stayed on to

Well I stayed on top of the card 24/7 but I never said they were the best... I said they were the best I could get at the time. Big difference LoL. I am starting to think that I stayed on top a little TOO much. I wasn't late, everything posted on time. But they just flat out revoked me.

8. CiRcUs-FrE

CiRcUs-FrE Guest

They cleared the second time around. I closed my checking account and I strictly have a savings account now. But all the bounced checks occured when I was doing a pay-by-phone with a rep just to get to a zero balance. I will have them post it 3 days after I do the pay by phone and they go ahead and do it for that day. Then the check bounces, then they resubmit when the money is in there and it clears. I told my bank about it and they refunded all my returned check fees. But I still have to pay CCB for it. But the point I am trying to make is that ever since they reinstated my account, everything has been money orders and everything has been on time. And they revoked it again. So that don't make any sence at all. Plus they charged me for the reinstatement fee! And my card still don't work!

9. rolo

rolo Well-Known Member

Yeah, you paid on time but with rubber checks.if you stayed on top like you said, your checks should not have bounced.

10. rolo

rolo Well-Known Member

cut the card and try to pay them off.is this the only card you have.

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Answer to the last question: So they can get another reinstatment fee. If you are crazy enough to go for it. How could you have let this happen? I am so sorry this happened though. Dont reinstate this card. Walk away. You did not do what you said you would do- "Beating them at their own game" . Those are your words. You made a promise to yourself, the board members and me. Yes this is personal. CircusFreak, I read all those post and had faith in you man. You let me down just like the NY Knicks. LOL. I am kidding of course. All except me being sorry they stuck it to you again. But if you dont drop this card, I am gonna smack your Circus Butt. Got it!

roni

12. roni

roni Well-Known Member

OH NO circus you said they were the best.

roni

13. roni

roni Well-Known Member

From the archives " A CCB

Best friend". 11-14-2000 04:25. Sorry Circus. Dug it up from the archives. Start chewing on those words slowly bud & Dont choke. LOL Sorry, I couldnt resist.

roni.

14. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Pay in full less the $50.00, and WALK AWAY!!!

15. CiRcUs-FrE

CiRcUs-FrE Guest

I still have the BankFirst Action Card.

16. CiRcUs-FrE

CiRcUs-FrE Guest

I will drop the card

17. Len

Len Guest

Cross Country has you right where they want you. You were never going to beat them at their own game - that isn't possible with professional crooks. When you bounced those checks, Cross Country sunk its talons in deep and ther cash register chimed. Admit your mistake, John, and learn your lesson. Do Not Reinstate Cross Country and return sanity to your life.

18. Indnewssrv

Indnewssrv Guest

CCB is such old news in screwing people over.No offense but I think you should be lucky they revoke your card because their so full of it that the complaints are just to endless to even hold on to their card.

19. curiouser

curiouser Well-Known Member

RE: CCB -- Run away, far away

Ditch this card. Take the money you would put towards paying off monthly CCB payments and get a secured Cap One card or secured Chase card. CCB will take reinstatement fees open your account for awhile, close it, charge another reinstate fee, open it again, close it, etc. Get the picture? You've been through one cycle why keep going through it over and aver again. Better you shred your $50 and put it at the bottom of a hamster cage; it's doing just as much for you there and it's not making Rocco rich. CCB loves these fees because they figure you're captive and will pay them no matter what. Once they get you in the habit of paying these fees they'll keep finding new ways to get you to pay more.

Once you've opened your account (do this rapidly, before CCB kills your credit report with an account closed by issuer notation), keep your nose clean. It doesn't matter if checks clear the second time through. Banks view people who continuously bounce checks as a seriously ugly credit risk. It demonstrates to them that you aren't in control of your finances.

You're in control of this situation. You can rebuild your credit (with smaller limits than what you have at CCB currently, perhaps), if you handle it responsibly.