CCB Verfied & Readusted Date!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by beary, Oct 9, 2001.

1. beary

beary Well-Known Member

I am just sick to my stomach! I did an online dispute with Experian. I got it back with three neg trade lines removed and 2 of them came back as verified. One of them, Cross Country Bank not only came back as verified, but the report date was changed from March 2000 to October 2001!

This makes it look like I just had a charge off!!

I'm so angry I can not speak!!

How do I get this changed?
    Have I been screwed by CCB again?!?

HELP!!

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Do you have an old copy of your credit report showing the earlier date? If so, you have proof that they are attempting to redate a debt. That is a violation of the law.

3. beary

beary Well-Known Member

Yes I have a copy!

How do I approach making them correct it? What should be my course of action? Do I target Experian, CCB or Both?

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I think I would send it to Experian, with a note saying that CCB was attempting to redate the debt, here's my proof, fix it.

Then wait and see what CCB reports if they update. If they do it again, send it to CCB, and threaten to sue them if they don't change it, send copies of all this to Experian.

But start out simple - it might just solve your immediate problem. Then wait.

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Fax it, the 877 number is toll free.

EXPERIAN = 972-390-3974, 877-454-1010

6. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

PBM-

How about a read only section somewhere with all the contact info in it....toll free #'s, fax's, address, etc. Maybe we could list CC companies, CRA's, etc.

Breeze is always quick to give it to us, but it's ashame to have to keep bugging her!

Shawn

7. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Wonder how many times this happens and we don't have an old report to prove it?

8. Quixote

Quixote Well-Known Member

If they resist you on it, and if you have the nerve for it, I'd say it's time to sue; both the CRA and the Creditor.