Cdw

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Kitty, Aug 29, 2001.

1. Kitty

Kitty Well-Known Member

This company deals with computers, etc. They even say their a fortune 500 company when you go thru their website. But, I am furious!!!! They charged me for two computers and even though I cancelled, they went ahead and sent it out. My credit card is nearly maxed out because of the charges they placed, and I still have not seen any credit to my cc. They said that my cc has to be billed first before they can issue me credit. Lo and behold, I can't believe their tactic. Maybe the sales rep. really needs the commission or sale, but I used poor judgement by trying this company. Don't make the same mistake.

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

heh carparts.com did the same thing. You have to understand these places are just electronic front-ends for places like Ingram Micro, etc. They don't actually hold stock. They electronically beam the orders to the big wholesalers, and shazam. your order comes.

You can always find a better computer deal locally, or on pricewatch.com then cdw. They are regarded as one of the highest priced tiered resellers known. I usually look up a price on something from cdw and then use that as my "top price" which the dealers must come down alot on.