Cease & Desist Letter/ Kri

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by S Jackson, Apr 4, 2000.

1. S Jackson

S Jackson Guest

I have heard that a person can write a Cease and Desist Letter to a collection agency, and that if you do, the collection agent then has to stop harrassing you. Is this true, and if it is, where can I find a sample of one that I could use as a model? I am willing and fully able to pay the debt, but I don't want to continue dealing with these fools at the collection agency, who keep giving me the runaround. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Kristi- Ca

Kristi- Ca Guest

RE: Cease & Desist Letter/

Yes it is true. A cease & desist holds the agency at bay giving you the time to verify if the debt is accurate. The only time they can contact you is if the notify you that they plan to sue you. Many times after you send a C&D, the agency will lose interest in you unless they due fully plan on attempting judgment. We have a sample under self help section at our web site.

Kristi Feathers
    Carreon & Assoc.

S Jackson wrote:
    -------------------------------
    I have heard that a person can write a Cease and Desist Letter to a collection agency, and that if you do, the collection agent then has to stop harrassing you. Is this true, and if it is, where can I find a sample of one that I could use as a model? I am willing and fully able to pay the debt, but I don't want to continue dealing with these fools at the collection agency, who keep giving me the runaround. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!