Cedit Union New Feature!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cadillac408, Oct 1, 2001.

1. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Credit Union New Feature!

I just logged on to my credit union's web site to check my balance, etc. and noticed that they now have this new thing were when a check clears, they automatically scan a copy of the check into their data base. So when you're looking at your account on-line, you can click on the check number and a copy of the check (front and back) appears! So no more requesting copies of checks and having to wait XX amount of days to receive it! Cool deal! Just one more reason why I bank there. I've been there since Oct. 1997 and have never had ANY problems. They always treat me exceptionally well.

https://www.commonwealthcu.org/

2. Cadillac408

Re: Credit Union New Feature!

Sorry for the mis-spelling of "CREDIT"!

3. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Hey, MP! NetBank also does this. You're right, it's pretty cool, though I only write maybe one check every two month!

4. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

So does Wachovia.

Neat feature.

But, what's a check? ;p

Shawn

5. Cadillac408

EXACTLY!!!!

I only write checks for those bill I can't pay on-line, etc. What blew my mind yesterday was this lady at Victoria's Secret was actually writing a check for her purchase! :-O I thought going into a retail store and actually writing a check was a thing of the past......sort of like curb side check-in!

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

IT REALLY GETS ME WHEN SOMEBODY IN FRONT OF ME WRITES A CHECK AND THEN GETS THEIR DRIVERS LICENSE OUT, AND THEY HAVE TWENTY CREDIT CARDS...

Five minutes to write a check and authorize it...TEN MINUTES IF THEY HAVE TO CALL THE BANK...like anything over $200.00 or some other amount!!!

FIVE SECONDS FOR A CREDIT CARD START TO FINISH!!!

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I went to a baby store to order one of those restaurant high chairs...
    The kind that "TAKE A LICKING AND KEEP ON TICKING"...still good for the grandkids (in ten years or so)...

Back to the story...WHEN I PICKED IT UP...a lady was writing a check at the other cashier...
    "DRIVERS LICENSE"
    "HOME PHONE"
    "WORK PHONE"
    "WORK ADDRESS"
    "I NEED TO SEE A CREDIT CARD WITH YOUR NAME ON IT"

I GAVE THE OTHER CASHIER MY CREDIT CARD...SWIPED AND SIGNED AND WALKED OUT THE DOOR WITH MY HIGHCHAIR BEFORE THE OTHER CUSTOMER EVEN GOT HER LICENSE OUT!!!
    I'M SURE I WAS AT THE CAR AND HAD THE HIGHCHAIR IN THE TRUNK BEFORE SHE GOT TO ANSWER THE WORK ADDRESS QUESTION...

8. romanduv

romanduv Well-Known Member

Hey, just saw on the news that they brought curb side check in back. Not all hope is lost for the good old days of check writing

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

NOT DIA (DENVER)

10. MT

MT Well-Known Member

my bank does this as well, but they charge .25 at the end of the month per check (you view)