Cell Phone Credit

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dave, Sep 7, 2000.

1. dave

dave Well-Known Member

I'm looking to get a cell phone here in the next few days. I have an excellent credit over the past 9 months (just the short profile) and several inquiries on TransUnion. Will I be able to gain approval for service? I prefer not to pay a deposit out of principle. The companies I'm considering are Nextel and Cell One. Any insight??

2. sph

sph Guest

Nextel only pulls experian!

3. jen

jen Well-Known Member

I have a Nextel phone and they pulled my Equifax report only. I have 9 exellent (long term) trade lines but also a judgment that has a payment plan in place. I did not have to leave a deposit and I was approved for up to 10 phones! Good luck and hope this helps!

4. mick

mick Guest

You should be able to get approved. If anything you may have to leave a deposit
    try not leave a deposit if they balk then walk. What is excellent is AT&T they have great plans and if you have a visa or mastercard they can bill it to your card and you definely will not have to pay a deposit.
    Also if you attach it to your credit card you won't have to worry on paying the bill on time each month and also they report to the credit bureaus meaning this will help you build your credit.

5. KITT

KITT Guest

Look into Voicestream.com too. I signed up online with them, and they only asked for a credit card. They bill you online, and I don't think they check any credit report. At least, I don't have any credit and they approuved me even for International calls. Give it a shot....