censored?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mt, Feb 1, 2001.

1. mt

mt Guest

I noticed that this site is now censoring language? Generally, I do not use terms that most would find offensive, however, I did use one on a post (a couple of pages back) with good reason. The word I used was turned into something like $%#@.

2. Angela

Angela Guest

I hate bad language!

I have said it before and I will say it again.

I am here to learn about managing my credit not how to swear. Nothing should justify the use of bad language.

3. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Someone posted a nasty message this afternoon about low lifes and certain people need to get a life. I posted my response and went back to the top. No more message and my response wasn't there either. All within a couple of minutes. I found my response using the search function, but the original wasn't there. Gosh, I felt dumb...

4. mt

mt Guest

RE: I hate bad language!

Angela, I do not appreciate bad language either, but at the same time, I also do not think it should be necessary to police this board, and I assume that is the case. If for some reason I choose to use the word, "ass" to describe someone's behavior, that may not necessarily meet (my) definition of bad language, perhaps a poor choice and a better word could be used, however, it should not be censored. I believe we are all adults here, though, as someone pointed out, there has been a great deal of behavior recently that would indicate otherwise. I have said it before as well, I'm learning quite a bit from this board and those that take the time to post constructive answers to the multitude of questions. Thanks.

5. Huh?

Huh? Guest

jamie wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Someone posted a nasty message this afternoon about low lifes and certain people need to get a life.

I saw the post too.

6. Angela

Angela Guest

You and I actually agree on th

"ass" is no big deal. But when people call others names or are sarcastic because they think they know more than others; that is wrong.

If you see my Target and Walmart post and have anything to contribute let me know.

7. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Gone, Huh? No pun intended...LOL

8. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

I LOVE bad language, but...

I'm an old woman (about to hit 70) who takes no prescription medications and despises constant complaining about everyday aches and pains. My coping mechanisms are the three Cs: cussin', cookin', and Coors.

Even though I'm well-educated, I love dirty jokes and all sorts bathroom humor. I can't help it that it makes me laugh, and I LOVE to laugh. Anal-retentive people get on my nerves. However, when it comes to using the potty mouth with the intent to degrade those who have done nothing to provoke it, the humor just isn't there.

Those people who find themselves high and mighty enough to judge someone else's race or lifestyle should put that divine power to work on something constructive and get to work solving some of the world's real problems. The stock market could certainly use your help right now.

9. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

RE: I LOVE bad language, but..

C.C.C.C COOL!!!!

10. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

I like good language

I like good language. English good language. I like use English language.

11. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

I can appreciate some censoring (i.e. I saw the message also and I didn't appreciate it at all), however, little "blips" don't bother me. I've always said that if you don't like it, don't read it. I don't think anyone is being malicious in their speaking, but I agree with Doris, being self righteous about it is...oh, juvenile. You can't censor what someone says out in public and if you don't like it, you remove yourself from the situation. Always worked for me.

12. John Shimm

John Shimm Guest

b{I am here to learn about managing my credit not how to swear. Nothing should justify the use of bad language.}

As well, we're not here to be policed by Mother Theresa. This is America, and there's a little something called 'Freedom of Speech' (within reason, of course).

If'fn ya don't like the language, turn da channel ...

Let me guess: You voted for Gore, oppose the Ashcroft nomination, oppose drilling for oil in the Arctic Preserve, oppose school vouchers, are pro-gun control and a *flaming* liberal ... :) (just kiddin').

13. S.D.

S.D. Guest

I saw a post like that too. I replied back, but the whole thing had disapeared.

14. John Shimm

John Shimm Guest

RE: I like good language

Grog say "Ooga, ooga!"

15. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

OOPS!!! it did it again...re:SSN

16. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I like your sense of humor John Shimmer and your new Millenium website. But I too hate bad language. I write as I speak (politely) because twice in my adult life I have had a jerk call me a derogitory name and I got hold of the guy afterword. You don't want to know what I did to him for it.

Anybody, male or female, black or white or purple for that matter. If you call some one a names expect a fight. I am somewhat handicapped these days but unless the person looks like Hulk Hogan they should expect the worst from me.

17. Matt

Matt Active Member

RE: I LOVE bad language, but..

ya right on Doris!!!