Centennial CC

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shantel, May 4, 2001.

1. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Okay my lovely people...is there anyone out there who has a Centinnel CC? If so, please tell about your terms, what was your FICO and what CRA they pulled.

Thanks in advance,
    Shantel

2. Cid62

Cid62 Member

Shantel,

I have one, which I will be paying off this month and getting rid of. It's a First Premier Card, under another name. The bill does not even refer to "Centennial" in any way.

My FICO is 575, and I think they used Equifax, but my advice is DON'T GO THERE.

Cheers,
    Cindy

P.S. I love your quote. ;-)

3. jonesing

jonesing Well-Known Member

I have one, IRRC I got it when I responded to some offer on eloan or Qspace or one of those loan brokering sites (maybe Lendingtree) Anyway, the popup offer said I'd get $100 if I said "Yes" to getting this Mastercard whilst they process my loan app. Well the catch was you had to be approved for the CC and the loan in order to get the $100. They did indicate the terms but I didn't pay that much attention because that was before I heard of you good people here on creditnet.

Anyway, it is unsecured and is issued by First Premier and I have never had a problem with it or their customer service. One thing that I thought was unnverving was that you have to check this box on the statement to keep them fromm converting your payment check into an e-check and electronically drafting the money from your account. But since I
    pay my bills from my bank's online webpay system,
    it doesn't bother me anymore.

4. Cid62

Cid62 Member

I, too, have never had a problem with First Premier's customer service--in fact, they are very pleasant to speak with.

The problem I have with First Premier is that they charge a lot of fees up front. Yes, the card is unsecured, but once you pay the upfront fees, you get a $250 credit limit with something like $75 or so available to use. AND there is a monthly fee as well. That's why I suggested "not going there"--putting the $$$ you'd spend on fees into a secured card would be a better deal in the long run.

Cheers,
    Cindy

5. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Thanks you guys for answering my question. I had a charge off with First Premier so I think I'll stay away from them and their alter ego....

Shantel

P.S. About the quote...Thanks! ;-)