Certified Mail Question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Credithelp, Jun 20, 2001.

1. Credithelp

Credithelp Well-Known Member

I sent Lizardkings Validation letter to NCO Collections Certified mail return recipt, and I just got the green card back yesterday and it doesn't even have a signature on it for who signed for it. It looks like I just filled it out and didn't mail it. What do I do now? Do I have to resend it? Who screwed that up? NCO or US Mail? I paid for the service. Please help! What can I do?

2. cole

cole Active Member

Go to the Post Office and fill out a "Request for Delivery Information/Return Receipt After Mailing. They can get the date delivered for you, but the green receipt you got when you mailed it is considered proof of sending the letter.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

TAKE IT TO YOUR POST OFFICE WITH THE RECEIPT AND ASK FOR "DUPLICATE" SERVICE...

You paid for it!!!!

SIGNATURE IS REQUIRED!!!!!

4. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

There is a scanning process that the post office uses to speed up the process. This is being done all around the country. If you check on line at usps.com you should be able to get more info with the tracking number on the PS form 3800 certified mail receipt. Who ever said the green return receipt lettter is all the proof you need is absolutely correct. Remember that you may want to save or printout the info from the post office website due to the fact that it is purged every 60 days.

5. IrishDiva

IrishDiva Well-Known Member

You're lucky - I never even got the green card back. I asked our building's mail man, and he said at times they can pick up the mail without signing for it, esp. if it's to a PO box and they just come in and empty it out on a daily basis. Nothing from them is on my report yet, so I'm debating whether or not to send the second letter (the one that references the first one sent 60+ days prior). ANyone have any advice?

6. cole

cole Active Member

Go ahead and send the letter, just keep the receipts.

7. jonesing

jonesing Well-Known Member

I've had a couple of problems with the return postcards as well. I've switched over to the new Signature Confirmation service (hot pink Form 153). It's a pain because it has to be sent priority mail + the SC fee (total of $5.25 for a regular letter) but the reults have been terrific!

The USPS website shows the time of delivery and the name of the person signing for the item. This is updated the day of delivery. Then, within 2 days the confirmation notice will have the actual signature, printed name and address available via fax or snail mail. I used it for a fight I had with a home contractor and found out that he was using a mail drop. All I had was a general street address 123 Main St. But the mail drop people would not insulate him from this signature confirmation for some reason. So, they diverted the mail carrier to his actual physical address which he then had to write on the signature form. :) Since I now had his home address, I sent another letter directly to him. Four days later I got a letter and a postal money order for the refund I had been demanding for 3 weeks! :eek:)

8. Tuit

Tuit Well-Known Member

hmmmm...maybe NCO has so many collection accounts that are being disputed the person picking up the mail got writers' cramp and couldn't sign anymore LOL