Certified Mail Return Receipt Info

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by SofaKing, Jul 30, 2001.

  1. SofaKing

    SofaKing Well-Known Member

    We all know when sending a certified item you may request a return receipt (Form 3811).

    You may also request a return receipt (delivery record) AFTER mailing. Use Form 3811-A.

    Also, if within two years of mailing, you may request information from the delivery record. Again, use Form 3811-A at any Post Office. If you have your ORIGINAL, stamped receipt showing you paid for Return Receipt, you can get this duplicate service free. With Express mail you must act within 90 days.

    So, if you have sent stuff certified, you may get delivery information way after the fact!

    Remember, this only pertains to Express Mail, certified mail, registered mail, COD mail, and mail insured for more than $50.


Share This Page