Chances on Citi Platinum Selec

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Nell, Nov 14, 2000.

1. Nell

Nell Guest

Was approved for a Citibank Advantage silver with $6000 limit and recently applied for the Platinum Select for balance transfer rate. Called and informed that I was declined for Platinum Select. Are there any chances that this card might just show up in my mailbox? I have a large amount that I want to transfer, but they say they can't open the accoount becuase I have that large balance and any new credit would jeopardize my debt to credit ratio. We'll that was the purpose of me applying in the first place to transfer the balance to them. Any suggestions on how I can get them to change their minds?

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: Chances on Citi Platinum S

They told me straight up declined for delinquincies, but i got their other cards. I actually phone applied for the platinum, figured i was on a roll :)

3. BLE103

BLE103 Guest

RE: Chances on Citi Platinum S

No it isn't likley that you will get the card after being declined.Citibank has different credit criteria for all of their cards.Their high interest rate cards with no balance transfer offer are easy to get.The ones that have very low interest offers on balance tranfers attached are the hard ones to get.Having a higher F.I.C.O score will help you get the platinum select account.At the same time you can't have a high debt to income ratio upon qualification of their credit card account.That's the bottom line.Hope this helps you out.