charge off help/very stuck

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mglanham, Jul 2, 2001.

1. mglanham

mglanham Well-Known Member

Hello Board,

This is the first time I have posted but have been reading this site for quite some time. Have recieved tons of great info and have successfully removed negative entries because of this. Anyway, I need some help from the pros. I have two issues

1.) Have a chargeoff from 97 that I have disputed with the credit bureaus and has been verified every time. It is a paid charge off. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding my next course of action????

2.) Have a chargeoff from 98 with 150 dollars still left out. Tried to settle with the credit card company but they said they would not. Same question as above. Any suggestions?

These are my last two negative items and I am very frustrated. I really need some advice on how to attack these.

Thanks in advance

Still Fighting

2. mglanham

No ideas from anyone?? I know you guys are better than that.

3. bbauer

bbauer Banned

send me an email and we will talk about it that way.

4. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

I wish I had something constructive to offer but I'm in the same boat.

Recently, I had a two-year-old paid chargeoff removed from my Equifax report and, last Saturday, I received notification that the account has been reinserted.

I was so bummed! Now I'm back to having one negative on Equifax. Apparently, this time, Equifax did go to the trouble to verify.

Am I out of options? Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks.

Donna

5. bbauer

bbauer Banned

There is usually always another trick you can use to get the job done.

You just have to go at it in a different way.

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Ok, I have an idea that has worked for me really well of late. First, read the thread "The Key is Desperation." (serach key desperation)..then go after this as if you must have it removed NOW or else ...(fill in the blank)..keep calling and contacting and going higher up the creditor's ladder until someone does something about it!!

I can't tell you what wonders have occurred for me this way! The hardest, most difficult ones have been removed...go figure..some I got them deleted..period..another I got deletion for payment. Fine with me as long as it is off!!!

Good luck!

7. bbauer

bbauer Banned

NanaC please explain for me

NanaC:
    Please explain this just a bit more for me

another I got deletion for payment.

8. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Re: NanaC please explain for me

It really is just as I say..I called everyone...every side (credit bureas to collection agency to original creditor to attorney general)..I mean everybody until I got someone to do what needed to be done...there was no stopping and me..and when someone said they wouldn't help, I asked for the supervisor..etc. In each case, it worked! Things I'd been working on for months are not taken care of...

9. bbauer

bbauer Banned

NanaC:

I wasn't disputing your word or what you said in any way.
    It now seems to me that I must have misunderstood what you said. Let me reiterate.
    another I got deletion for payment.
    I took that to mean that you had to pay them some money for the deletion in maybe a case or two.

Did I misunderstand you or what?

10. c5kirk

c5kirk Well-Known Member

Bill...

I believe that she is saying that in return for paying the creditor the amount owed (or a portion thereof), they agreed to remove the negative entry from her credit report.

My wife had the same thing occur after the fact. She paid off a Capital One card that had been charged-off, but she did not get any agreement from Capital One at the time to change or remove the charge-off entry from her CR. Approximately 1 year later she spoke with Mr. Miller at Cap1 and he agreed to change the status of the account from a "charge-off" to "R1 - Paid as agreed" showing no late pays since she had paid the acct. in full.

Kirk

11. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Ok..my nerves are a mess so I'm probably not making sense but Kirk is right..Lately, I've had 2 deletions and one very important correction through my desperation technique. 1 deletion was a complete removal, 1 was a removal for payment, and the correction was without payment of any kind. All were items I had been arguing about for months and, when I took the desperation approach, finally made headway! Whew! :)

Hope that helps.

12. sm691

sm691 Well-Known Member

Kirk, we recently paid off a Cap 1 chargeoff of my husbands that went to an attorney. Did you contact Mr. Miller through plannet feeback, or directly?? How did she go about asking for the change. We would like to try this also.

Shanna

13. mglanham

Thanks for all the feedback, I think I may give the desparation thing a test. I foolishly paid off a charge off, which was about 4 years old......and realized that it hurt me more than helped me. You live, you learn. If anyone has anymore help, please feel free. Charge offs are very tricky.