Charge-offs-Please respond

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by rc, Apr 2, 2001.

1. rc

rc Guest

Does anyone know the minumum a company can charge-off and report it to the bureaus.

Thanks in Advance

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

$1. Some one here had a $1 charge off reported.

roni

3. MikeB

MikeB Banned

No kidding? I would be furious. LOL

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

It's true....$1

I owed $1 to this book club. YOu know the offers, get 11 books for $1. Well I kept forgetting to mail the thing. They sent me 4 collection letters for the $1. This was about 3 years ago. After reading that poster here last year, I went into my files and mailed them the $1 check.

And they sent me a thank you...lol

roni

5. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Re: It's true....$1

Geez, I guess I had better pay for that $19.00 magazine subscription that I keep setting aside :) LOL

6. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

I thought THOSE magazines cost $29.95 a year? But look at all the pretty ladies! j/k

I hate seeing charge-offs and collections for tiny amounts. Of course, many people that see that are going to think "This guy would pay off a $10 bill!", and would drop it or delete it from the credit profile. It is pretty obvious that they didn't get a bill.

Dustin

7. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Author: Dustin (---.saw.net)
    Date: 04-02-01 16:36

I thought THOSE magazines cost $29.95 a year? But look at all the pretty ladies! j/k

I hate seeing charge-offs and collections for tiny amounts. Of course, many people that see that are going to think "This guy would pay off a $10 bill!", and would drop it or delete it from the credit profile. It is pretty obvious that they didn't get a bill.

Dustin

Reply To Message++Any thing less than 101 should not be allowed!!!