CharterOne -- CAR LOAN

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Larry, Jan 2, 2001.

1. Larry

Larry Guest

Well I have a new car... CharterOne will help in financing it at 12% apr. Not bad considering I was turned down by Household and my credit history is pretty new (17 months) with a delinquent acct from '96. I'll keep posting as I get to know CharterOne more... maybe the info will be useful for someone on this board.

Good luck to all, and happy new year 2001 !

2. lisa

lisa Guest

My car was financed through CharterOne (it was initially a company called ACSI but was bought out by CharterOne). I finished paying off this loan about a year ago. Let me tell you that Charter One was the BEST company to deal with. A couple of times when I couldn't pay they really helped me out. Always make sure you call and let them know if you have to make a late payment (although obviously it is best not to make any). They reported on all 3 bureaus as never late. I would definitely use them again. I think they would be considered a finance company though (although it is called Charter One bank...I'm not sure).

3. Larry

Larry Guest

Thanks for the tip Lisa... that's the most useful info I've heard in a very long time.

And yes I'll follow your advise although I've learned from every1 else here about the consequences of being negligent with payments... and won't fall into that pitfall.