Chase/American Express

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by upset, Apr 17, 2001.

1. upset

upset Guest

I applied to both of them previously, and was declined. I now, have received two pre-approved offers from them both. It is worth me applying, or should I just wait a while longer? Are these pre-approvals guaranteed or can they still be declined?

2. Jason-AMEX

Jason-AMEX Guest

Why were you declined? Inquiries, income, debt to income ratio, years accounts open? Answers to these questions can help you determine why and when you should apply again, rather just asking a vague question. Keep in mind that pre-approved does not mean that you are approved. At face value, you merely look like a good consumer. Basically, a pre-approval offer is an offer to apply for the card. Pre-approval is a nice psychological marketing tool that gets people excited to apply

3. Jason-AMEX

Jason-AMEX Guest

Also, what card diod you apply for? That says a lot about your credit worthiness. There is a big differnece betweent he AMEX platinum card and Blue

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Upset,
    I got pre-approved application from Amex and they still denied me because I previously had two charge-off acounts with Amex.It is not guarantee to approve .You just you meet criteria when Amex match the credit bureau pre-screen. That means you may not get 100% approve and they still pull hard inquiry on your credit report.

Ron.

5. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

if you pay amex back you can likely get a new acct.

6. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Well said Marie