Chase and limit increases

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by the other, Dec 2, 2000.

1. the other

the other Well-Known Member

Anyone know how often Chase reviews accounts for credit increases?

How are they about increases (i.e. how often? how big? etc)

2. Creditinsi

Creditinsi Guest

I've had a Shell Mastercard from Chase for years, I mostly keep it for the low APR, it's the worst card when it comes to increases though, even now that my credit is considered good. That's just my experience though, maybe others have had better luck.

Alex.
    www.Creditinsiders.com

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

A chase rep told me that they review the accounts after 6 months for credit limit increases. I think you have to call and ask for it though. They didnot say it was an automatic increase.

roni

4. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

I have never asked for an increase with any of my cards. Chase has given me the highest limits outside of my business accounts. I currently have 4 accounts with Chase, ranging from $10,000 to $14,000. All done with a credit sense approach. Exercise your credit and you will be rewarded with lower rates and higher limits.

http://www.creditsense.com

5. ble

ble Guest

I agree with you.I have a chase classic with a 14,000.00 limit,and growing.Yes i get low rates with them all the time.This is what exercising your credit gets you.I never need to apply for an increase.They just give to me automatic no questions asked.Chase is my best bank as far with their credit card.

6. the other

My limit is 15k. I've had the account for 10 months. I have maxed it twice (using balance transfers), paid it off completely once, and am working on paying it off completely again (about half way there - should be complete in about 1-2 more months)

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

How often?

How often do the increases come? Is your card for business?

roni

8. the other

scatter brained today...

Also, I called and asked about it. The rep. said I could request a review, but he thought it would be a hard inquiry, so I didn't do it.

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

What was your initial credit limit?

roni

10. the other

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Oh, ok I see. I didnot read your first post right. Sorry. That is a great limit. I only got $2K.

roni

12. credit wis

credit wis Guest

RE: How often?

Every 9 months is how often they raise me.No it is not a business card.Just a classic card.I make more then the min. due,and i do not misuse my credit line so CHASE is really looking at me ,and they reward me for my behavior with their card.When i first got it my credit limit was only 1500.00 that was back in july of 1993.Now we are about to enter 2001,and i predict i will be near 20K by that years end plus they offer me a whole lot of low balance transfer offers of 5.9 or less.

13. mj

mj Well-Known Member

Started with a Plat. Visa @ 9300, they declined an increase (hard inquiry) after 6 mos, did a $1,000 increase at 9 mos., and I asked them again at 12 mos.- they asked me "how much" - requested $15k, and got it (no hard inquiry).

I should add- when the 3.9 expired at 9 mos I balked and was offered a choice of 11.99 fixed or, with another bal. xfr of >1,000, 5.9 for another 9 mos with the opportunity to "call again" when that expired. I can't complain so far, it has avereged 4.9 for 18 months ... not bad!

Also added a Shell Plat MC with $7500- only had that for 4 mos. so far.

I have been really happy with them - it does seem that you need to be patient with them, though, to grow your limit.