Chase APR: here's some info

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Saar, Oct 28, 2001.

1. Saar

Saar Banned

Yesterday, I was able to verify what that Epinion poster said: Chase DOES negotiate APR's, though it may help if they were under the impression you'd xfer out and/or cancel :)

Their lowest permanent purchase APR apparently is 9.99%. They cannot change your perm APR while you're on an intro / promo APR, but as soon as it expires, it's time for the silver tongue!

Then secure your perm APR before accepting any further promo offers. Have it set to 9.99%. Then you're free to benefit from their promo BT offers once again.

Saar

2. the other

the other Well-Known Member

My permanent Chase APR is prime +1.4, or 6.9, so I know for a fact they go below 9.99. I've had this rate since I first opened my account.

They do occassionally give me bt offers for 9.9 until paid. I of course laugh at this because my regular apr with them is 3% lower!

3. Saar

Saar Banned

Thanks for the info, The Other. The 9.99% is a fixed rate offer, whereas your rate is attractive only at times like this, when the Prime index sinks.

Is your card a Platinum, and was yours the standard rate they were offering at the time? Thanks again.

Saar

4. the other

the other Well-Known Member

Yes, it is platinum.

The rate I have wasn't advertised on their web page.

I got it from one of those pre-approved (or invitation to apply or something like that) offers that they mailed me.

I have found that most times, those kind of offers have better terms than the unsolicited offers.

When I first got my account, the apr was 10.9 because prime was 9.5. That's still a pretty good rate.