Chase auto loans

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by iambroke, Nov 1, 2003.

1. iambroke

iambroke Well-Known Member

This was NOT a spur of the moment dealer. It was the same Saturn dealership I bought my 2001 Saturn from and continue to bring it to for routine scheduled maintenance. After buying my 1st Saturn I will NEVER buy a BMW, Toyota or whatever! I will always buy a Saturn. It has been reliable and I get great customer service from that dealership.

I do not do brokers either...I go thru dealerships. I refuse to pay brokers interest rates or fees. I doubt very much a broker could have gotten us as great a deal as we got from Saturn.

I did not need any advice as to where I SHOULD have gone....I am a repeat customer if I am treated with respect and I get good quality products period.

Purchasing a vehicle is not an emotional deal unless you make it one. I prefer to make it more with my head then my emotions. I want a vehicle that is going to last me and one that I can afford.

Plus I doubt I could have gotten a 2004 BMW for 235/month @ 1.9%

And buying it on the weekend or whenever has no bearing on my original question. I do not need a preacher thank you very much!

2. chipper

chipper Well-Known Member

I hope I didn't come off as preachy. That was not my intent. If I did, please accept my apologies.

I have financed many people through Chase and believe them to be an extremely reputable lender. I admire the fact that they will lend to those with different credit ratings. I find that admirable.

I work for Toyota, drive a Dodge, and am purchasing a Mercedes. Buying a car is a personal preference. There are many great qualities in each car. I admire the buying process of the Saturn business model, and Toyota has picked up on that. In California, Toyota has a Scion line of cars that are based on 'pure pricing' which means each consumer pays the same price at every dealership in the state.
    If successful, it may revolutionize the way we do business on all our cars.

Please keep us posted on your auto loan.

3. DanS

DanS Well-Known Member

Interesting - what I really LIKE about the chase online site is I can "park" all my account names/passwords THERE and then forget about logging into each account. <shrug>

One man's ceiling...

I will say this about chase, adding to chipper's comments. They financed me, albeit at a high interest rate, when other banks would not. I intend to "work" that relationship UP to a better credit card and a better loan the next time.

I could have easily gone w/Cap1, they alread sent me a pre-approval for more than I was purchasing, but I wanted a vendor w/a higher ceiling.