Chase Black List

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Himmel, Mar 12, 2001.

1. Himmel

Himmel Guest

I recently received a letter inviting me to apply for a Chase Platinum MasterCard. Also got one via e-mail.

But I had a chase card back in '92 which was charged off in '94. The debt was paid after it went to the collection agency.

So does this letter mean that I am off Chase' black list? If not, are they merely scanning the CB's database and tossing out these invitations to apply?

:)

2. ble103

ble103 Guest

Yes if you have paid off the debt i would think that you would be off chases blacklist,however if chase would give you another chance it may come at a hefty price like 28.99% A.P.R.!So this card wouldn't be good for carrying a small balance of anykind.Just use it like AMEX card where it is due in full every month.Spend no more then what you can afford to pay off every month.Then over time when you have prove to chase that you are responsible with credit then they would start being better with their terms.

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

You're invited to apply for Chase card and it does not mean you are off on their blacklist. A couple of times, Amex sent me pre-approval aoolication on the mail and they still denied me bcause I had a couple of charge-off accounts in their records back in 91. They sent me pre-approval application because they match the criteria with the credit bureaus. I don't know they still have your name on theblack list. I heard Chase had done a lot of horrible things to customers. I think Citibank treat customers much better than Chase.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

ALL BANKS HAVE INTERNAL COMPUTER FILES TO MATCH AGAINST TO SEE IF YOU EVER FORGOT TO PAY THEM...THEY NEVER FORGET. (So if you get an "offer" from a bank you didn't pay,trash it).

5. lucy

lucy Well-Known Member

Not ALL banks have black lists that don't allow you to get another card if you have had a charge off. My husband and I had 2 First Premier Bank Credit Cards charged off and both of us got a new one just recently. (The original 2 were charged off in 12/99). We are trying to start over and I have been unable to find alternatives other than First Premier and Cross Country Bank. I have a car loan originally from Ugly Ducking that was paid in full on 7/2000 (over $10,000) and never late, and a new car with Nuvell Financial (a subsidiary of GMAC) that we have had for a year and have never been late. The problems stem from lots of charge-offs (Providian, Capital One, FCNB and of course First Premier as I mentioned earlier) between 1995-1999 due to my health and loss of jobs.