Chase Card Idea

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Leslie, Apr 18, 2001.

1. Leslie

Leslie Guest

Oh, forgot to mention. If you are all hot under the collar to get a Chase card and don't have a 680, apply for the wal-mart chase card. The FICO is 650 for that one. A public service stunt (marketed toward low income minority neighborhoods originally.)

2. Leslie

Leslie Guest

oopsie....meant 660

3. Kathy

Kathy Guest

do you know of any that only require FICO of 593??

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

NO NO NO

Do not get a cross country account whatever you do. Very bad advice.

5. Kathy

Kathy Guest

Leslie

But I do have sense enough to pass on CCB!!!!!!! I'll pass on any info you give from now on.

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Re: Leslie

LOL

7. Kathy

Kathy Guest

Thanks Mom

Even I have more sense than that........lol. I already posted to her about her information :)

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Kathy

I had your exact equifax score: 593 one year ago exactly. I cleaned my credit alot and built my credit with Capital one secured for $200 which I got in 11/99. In 4/00 I got

FCNB secured for $450 with a $300 deposit
    Providian unsecured $500
    Orchard unsecured $300
    First Premier $350 unsecured.

I strongly suggest all except First Premier(yuck). They all took me with my score of 593.

Good Luck!

roni

9. Kathy

Kathy Guest

Roni

Thanks I have 2 Cap Ones, 1 Providian, Speigel, GMAC, Target (today), Lane Bryant, a bank installment loan all open and current. Oldest line is 1977. 2 paid off mortgages, 5 paid off bank loans, 3 paid off auto loans all show NO lates, paid as agreed closed, but I have 4 collection, 1 settled charge off from 1995 and 3 collections from 96/97 for $25, $28 and $343 all in dispute. I received a pre-approval from Orchard today with a $69 annual fee and line up to (know what that means) $1500, debating on applying for it. They said I can do it online with my acceptance code and my zip code, wonder if I have a chance and which would be easier, online or mailing it?

10. Leslie

Leslie Guest

Re: Roni

wonder if I have a chance and which would be easier, online or mailing it?

yes & online....I know ccb sux but with a 593 you can still qualify

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

well as far as orchard, i would just apply online. I did. The up to $1500 is usually $300-$400. I got those subprimes cards when I had no credit to get my scores up. Why are you applying for more credit?

roni

12. Kathy

Kathy Guest

the limits on the Cap ones are $400 and $500 and providian is $500. I want better cards or maybe just one card with a higher limit and lower interest.

13. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

work on the Cap1 and Prov

they must be new accounts? right

I worked my Cap1 cards from 300, 500, 300 to 2200, 2400, and 1600 in 17 months or less.

I really pushed the Cap1 cards... normally only getting 300 or so at a time. Then I used planetfeedback and got 1000 each card. Also upgraded to gold MC from regular. I also have no annual fees, Cap1 gives grace periods automatically. my percentage rates are now all 13.9 too.

In the first year I called every month. No joke. directly to retention often times. Sometimes I wonder if it was worth it but now I'm happy with the cards.

Also, you can combine cap1 cards once they're 6 months old each and keep the best terms. I'm keeping all 3 for 3 years or so then I'll combine the visas and get platinum from gold (that upgrade is really only contingent on 5000 or better credit line).

As for providian, you'll work them down to "ok" on terms, but oh how the credit line will increase. Make sure to use the card at least once every month. I just posted on this with Aria today. if you search Providian you'll get pretty detailed info on their upgrades.

14. Kathy

Kathy Guest

Marie

They are all over 1 yr old or at the 1 yr mark. When I call they always say I'm not up for an increase right now :(

15. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Re: Marie

even the Providian??? Are they secured? b/c mine were unsecured so that might make a difference.

16. Kathy

Kathy Guest

none of them are secured

17. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

CAll retention on Providian and get an increase and better terms. after the increase, do planetfeedback for another increase. After they increase you, do the Health advantage program and destination unlimited. access the 200 extra credit each. I just posted this on an Aria post today.

With Cap1, call retention (or just say you're cancelling and they'll transfer you). then after they raise you do a planetfeedback too. in a month you'll have much better lines and terms.

18. Kathy

Kathy Guest

What do I say on PF?? That is my problem........lol. Thanks you are too kind and helpful. :)