Chase CC

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mambomn, Oct 18, 2001.

1. mambomn

mambomn Well-Known Member

What are the credit guidelines for getting a Chase CC??
    My TU score is 820, but I do have a couple of 30 late pays in the last 2 yrs. I have heard that Chase requires perfect payment history over last two years...is this true? Should I put these late pays in dispute mode before applying??

Also, does it matter whether I apply for a Classic or a Continental Chase card?

Thanks.....

2. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

I was just approved for a classic Mastercard with a 6K limit and 2.99 BT. I applied online and went through a manual review, so it took a couple of days. I can tell you they pulled TU, I have no lates perfect payment BUT I am close to the limits on a few cards.

I have about 6 sub-prime cards with limits under 1K. only 3 are close to the limit. They approved me. I applied last Tuesday and called to check everyday.

The first rep told me it looks like it was in the approval process. When I called Monday the rep told me I would hear something in 7-10 days, which I took for a denial. When I called Tuesday, the rep told me I was approved! My first prime card!!!!! HORRAY!!!!!

If you score is that high you shouldn't have a problem I was high 600's and was approved. Like I said it was a manual approval, but I was approved none the less.

I hope this helps.

3. Tony V.

Tony V. Well-Known Member

I WAS APPROVED FOR THE CHASE GOLD MASTERCARD 9/2000 W/ A CL $5K......THEY PULLED EXPERIAN, I'M IN CA..APPLIED BY SNAIL MAIL.......MY SCORE ON EQUIFAX WAS 582, WHEN I SENT THE APP IN....

ON THE CR'S AT THE TIME I HAD:
    PROVIDIAN $1,400 CL 2/99
    CAP-1 GOLD MC $200 CL 5/2000 (DIDN'T REPORT LIMIT)
    BEST BUY $700 CL 6/2000 (DIDN'T REPORT LIMIT)
    SEARS $1200 CL 12/99

ALL ARE CLOSED NOW EXCEPT PROVIDIAN:

ALSO I HAD NO NEGS.....

I DONT THINK ITS THAT HARD OF A CARD TO GET, BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE...

TONY VERRENGINO
    SAN DIEGO, CA

4. mambomn

Well, I applied for the Chase Gold card today and received the "your application needs further review before possible approval" message. The message also said that somebody will be contacting me in the next 30 days to update me on the status of my application.
    Does this sound positive???
    At least, Chase didn't give me the old "you'll receive an answer in the mail" message.

Next week, I'll call the CS # to inquire about the status of my application. I hope that they pulled the TU report as this is my best score.

Thanks for all the advice/info.

5. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Mam

That is what happened to me. It means you're going thru manual review. Call 1-800-243-6010 they are open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. M-F and 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday. They will be able to track your application for you.

I called every day lol I know I got on their nerves. My first call the rep told me it looked like my application was in the approval process.

Good Luck, Chase is my FIRST prime card.

6. mambomn

Terry,

Thanks for the advice.

Now, should I call today or wait until next week?

Thanks again.

7. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

Try citi aadvantage , should be no problem for you.