Chase Credit Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Reshod, May 18, 2001.

1. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Has anyone received the Chase credit card with negative informatin on your credit report?

I have a paid collection from 1995 and they declined me based on that.

Any info please.

Thanks

2. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Reshod,

Reshod,

Chase is a pretty good card. I'm sorry you didn't get it this time.

When I applied with Chase, they checked Transunion and I had...and still have...one negative. It's that confounded 90-day late from Providian. For whatever reason, though, Chase overlooked it and gave me the card.

Have you tried calling them? If that paid collection is your only negative, maybe you could plead your case and they would change their mind.

If you do call, let us know what happens.

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Hey Reshod,

I do not believe that they would decline you for having negative info. I got my Chase classic card in 8/00 with many negatives on my report however they were 0 balanced. Chase pulls Tranunion only in my area. I think Chase pretty much sticks with TU all over though.

Chase only wants you to have no recent negatives to get a card ......like none in 1-2 years.

Perhaps you applied for a Platinum card, like their shell card etc. Almost all of their speciality cards are platinum card and it is alittle confusing.

I applied for a classic card.

4. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Donna,

I did call and tried to plead my case. But i cant figure that out, i know that they accept people with negatives on their credit report that are more current then 6 years. I have sent a letter via PFB, to the CEO. I think that this policy is crazy.

Any input?

Thanks

5. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Reshod,

So you've already called and the six-year-old paid collection was the reason Chase gave for the decline. Hmmm....That doesn't make sense.

Do you think they've been upfront with you? For example, do you have high balances on any of your other cards? I'm thinking maybe they're looking at something else, like your debt-to-income ratio.

Any idea what your Transunion score is? I'll bet that's the bureau Chase checked. For a classic card, my understanding is that they like for your score to be at least 650.

Contacting Chase through Planet Feedback was a good idea. Maybe you applied for one of their platinum cards, as Roni Suggested and they aren't able to grant that. But perhaps you can talk them into a classic card.

Keep us posted. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a positive result.

Donna

6. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Thanks Donna

I applied for the Classic card and the collection is being stated as the main reason.

My account balances are not that high. They are all under or around 25% of credit line. Thanks to various balance transfer offers.

I think that there is another motive behind it ans thats why i wrote to PFB.

I just received a confirmation from Chase bank on the situation and I should receive some info from the corp, office within 24 hours.

Thanks for your help and concern.

7. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

Re: Thanks Donna

I got Chase wth a paid chargeoff from 11/94 on my TU report. That was the only negative. I had approximately a 35% utilization level at the time.