Chase Goodwill Letter

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by greeneyez, Jun 25, 2016.

1. greeneyez

greeneyez Well-Known Member

Hello again everyone,

I thought I'd update everyone on my credit rehabilitation journey.

I recently found a "30 days late" mark on my Experian report regarding my chase auto loan...I didn't even know that I had been late. Every other payment had been fine. Because my history has been so good with them (sans that), I decided to write a Goodwill letter to JP Morgan & Chase co., addressed to the CEO.

I will let you all know what happens!

Let me know if you have any questions!

2. JoshuaHeckathorn

JoshuaHeckathorn Administrator

Hey greeneyez- I really hope you receive a positive response from Chase. I think you will since it's the first time you've been late, and it was only 30 days. Did you already get your payments caught up?

3. greeneyez

Update: I received a call from the Chase executive office. The rep was nice, but informed me that by law they have to keep the 30days on my report because they reported "accurate information," and cannot take it off.

I'm pretty deflated right now. I love how creditors have the ability to easily add, but not remove bad credit--and let's not forget how few report the good stuff.

Ughhhh

4. JoshuaHeckathorn

Bummer, I wouldn't completely give up yet though.

Yes, they are supposed to report "accurate information" on credit reports, but some lenders have been known to remove or not report 30-day lates when it's a first-time offense, you've been a good customer, and you ask for some help. Maybe try taking a different approach and try to get a customer service supervisor on the phone? Explain the situation, tout how great of a customer you have been except for the one late pay, and then ask if they can help you out.

You never know...sometimes it just takes getting the right person on the right day.

5. greeneyez

^Thanks for the advice, Joshua. I think I will give it another whirl and simply pick up the phone this time.

6. JoshuaHeckathorn

No problem- good luck, and let us know how it goes! Hope you have a great weekend.