Chase Manhattan

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Laray, Jul 23, 2001.

1. Laray

Laray Well-Known Member

I have received so many of those Chase Manhattan(Platinum) invitations to apply in the mail and so many solicitations for email. Anyone responded to these?

How long did it take for you to get the card?
    Anyone denied?
    At the time what was your credit score?

Thanks guys!

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

The chase platinum card is very hard to get. Those invitations really dont mean much. I applied for the classic card and got it almost a year ago. I dont see platinum in my future. Chase's card is not the Hardest to get but it is not for subprime applicants. My score was 610 when I got the classic card.

3. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

I did. I upgraded one of my lines with them. I usually don't apply for cards that require a fee for personal use, but I felt the $39 was worth it in this case. I don't use FICO.

www.creditsense.com

4. annie

annie Well-Known Member

Creditwork,

I don't understand, what do mean you don't use FICO? Thought it was automatic that they use it when giving you credit? Explain it to me simply. I also received an invitation but figured I don't stand a chance since I have been app-happy.

5. creditwork

Did not mean to confuse the issue. FICO is just overrated in my book. I have close to $150,000 in lines of credit with an income of less than $50,000. I like to deal from strentgh and FICO has not been a factor in my opinion. Simply, I like to work my credit to the utmost. I use it, but don't abuse it.
    My methods are controversial, but have proven themselves over the years.

www.creditsense.com

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

YEAH...EXERCISE YOUR CREDIT...

7. creditwork