Chase Platinum Mastercard Offe

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PSUgirl, Mar 28, 2001.

1. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Hi,
    Got a chase platinum mastercard invitation certificate in the mail today. Need some advice on if I should go for it. I think chase would pull my trans union. Only one negative account on there. MBNA, has 2-30days, 3-60days, 7-90+days. From 1998-1999. Have been current for past 10 months. Junum is working on getting this account positive or deleted. Have 10 inquires on this file. Should recieve updated copy of trans union from junums 2nd disput around end of april. WHATS SHOULD I DO!!! The invitation must be returned by apirl 25th. Thanks in advance

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Chase Platinum Mastercard

NO

3. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I know Lexington told me it would be best not to apply for credit while they were working on my files. I don't know if Junum offers the same advice.

4. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

There have been reports that a Chase "Platinum" card can have an interest rate over 20%. It would be best to ascertain exactly which set of terms you're being offered.

Another inquiry wouldn't be a good idea, but it would be an especially bad idea if the card isn't being offered on true platinum terms.

5. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

On mine they pulled Experian.I've seen them pull both Exp And TU if score was borderline it will drop your score by about 20-40 points instead of 5-10 with only one
    depending.Sounds like your score has been getting better but very respectfully think you should wait,if they decline, you have 40 less points and no card.If you wait your score will go up higher next month and you'll get more offers. By the way,I feel invitation is not as strong as Pre-Approved Be Patient.

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

i get those all the time. garbage :)
    (for my score)

7. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

Wait.

An invitation doesn't give you any assurance that they are giving you any higher preferential status than if you just apply online. Don't mess with your reports right now. Wait until the disputes have been completed and let them see what they can do with your account. There's no guarantee that they will only pull a certain report and you coul djust end up with a denieal and a lower score, thus making it harder to apply next time around.

JUST WAIT.

judy

8. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I get these "invidations" all the time. I'm in the computer industry and have found (through creative variations of my middle initial when I register for trade shows) that many professional associations and trade show producers will sell their member/attendee lists to credit card companies. Everyone on the list will then get the same "invitation" to apply.

9. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

Smart call David.
    I've taken it farther.
    On Exp i list my name as Dave Smith,on Lackofax Dave Smith
    and on TU David T.Smith.
    When I get a invitation to David Smith in the mail I Know where it came from.EXperian.
    Now when sears goes to exp and buys the file names with say ,scores over 650 and under 680 they pay say $1.00.If they ask for scores of 680-700 they pay say $2.00.Better profile less possibility of loss.

10. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

Now again Exp being the really fun guys that they are either require or make it financially advantagous that sears must use Exp to pull the hard inquiry that the invitation generated.
    So now I can guide my Pre-approvals to the CRA to where I choose.ie the file with the best score or the least amount of inquiries.works about 98% of the time.
    And Fico, Enjoy this and have a Really Nice Day.
    I'm sure this won't effect your probabilities much.