chase platinum

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sph, Jan 9, 2001.

1. sph

sph Guest

Does anyone know what the minimum credit line that Chase will issue on the plat card?

2. lee

lee Guest

$5,000.00 min.

3. sph

sph Guest

Thanks,any idea what kind of score you need to get approved?

4. lee

lee Guest

700 min for platinum card.

5. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

$700? Are you serious?

6. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

He's talking about score, not credit limit...

7. lee

lee Guest

That's for real.CHASE has very strigent credit requirements for the platinum card.

8. the other

the other Well-Known Member

I have a Chase platinum. I have had it since February. In September when I was applying for my mortgage, I was told my FICO was about 640.

9. lee

lee Guest

Have you applied for any new credit?Have you been late recently with any creditor?You had to have a 700 at that time before you got your mortgage score of 640.Mortgage companies uses your middle score therefore you have a much higher score at the credit breau chase used to approve you for their platinum card.Chase will decline you for their platinum if your score isn't this high because this card has alot balance transfers offers at very low rates.Even if your score dropped off alittle since you have gotton the platinum card chase won't down grade at all.However they won't offer you super low rate balance transfer oppertunities instead they would offer you like a 9.99 fixed until paid offer.A score of 700 or better has to be maintained at all times for their super low rate offers.

10. the other

the other Well-Known Member

My three scores were 644, 640, and something else that was lower (I can't remember what the lowest one was). I've never had a late payment ever. I have had credit for about 8 or 9 years now.

They did recently offer me a 9.9% on balance transfers until paid. I was hoping for better. I think they offered 3.9 to someone else on the board.

I did get Blue about a month after my Chase card. Chase gave me a limit of 15k, but Amex only gave me 2k with their 12.99 rate (their middle rate). I also got Bank of America with their 8.9% on transfers till paid card about the same time.

Must be with Chase, Blue, and BofA all being new, it must have brought my score down.