Chase Repricing

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by RichGuy, Sep 26, 2003.

1. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Vicious stuff here. You really think principle doesn't matter. The point is that I shouldn't have to close it if I comply with the account agreement.

I believe what I do based on the account agreement, which you've never read. You know that. At this point, your assertions have gone beyond mere ignorance to calculated dishonesty.

LOL, if I'm correct, means that you think my situation is funny. It also means that you're a sick individual.

2. iambroke

iambroke Well-Known Member

I am waiting for you to answer my questions:

Did they notify you in advance that they were changing the rate? And did they state a specific reason why they were changing the rate?

Most of the time it's cause they pulled your credit, didn't like what they saw (high utilization) and raised the rate due to that. Or you are late on something besides them and don't like that. What is your credit score? Do you have any negatives on your reports?

3. iambroke

*LOL, if I'm correct, means that you think my situation is funny. It also means that you're a sick individual.*

If I remember correctly you were saying I DID NOT READ my CC disclaimer. That to me is someone assuming I'm DUMB....LOL mean Lots of Laughter. I was laughing the insult off. If anyone is sick it is you calling me sick. That I take as a total insult.

*Vicious stuff here. You really think principle doesn't matter. The point is that I shouldn't have to close it if I comply with the account agreement.*

No, you shouldn't have to however if you don't want the card with those terms then best thing to do is to move on to a better term.

*I believe what I do based on the account agreement, which you've never read. You know that. At this point, your assertions have gone beyond mere ignorance to calculated dishonesty.*

No, I have NEVER read YOUR account agreement BUT I have a few credit cards which all state the same thing. They don't guarantee rates, etc....
    And that is not dishonest. It is the plain fact. Your creditor changed the rate...I didn't.

And I did not come here to argue and get insulted.
    Maybe someone else on here can point you in the right direction as you don't believe me.

4. RichGuy

Just to prove how wrong your whimsical explanations are, I should note that ALL negatives disappeared from the Experian report more than two months ago.

5. RichGuy

I really didn't think you were dumb, just malicious, hypocritical, and self-righteous. But how could you not realize that "the account agreement" was referring to MY account agreement? That's what we were discussing on this thread, right?

Of course, you were so busy bragging about being out of debt that I think most of my arguments went right past you. No need to draw conclusions about your mental ability.

And while I think your "let them eat cake" attitude stinks all the way to the stratosphere, I think anyone who gets out of debt is probably wise.

6. willgator

willgator Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Chase Repricing

simple enough for most of us..

7. RichGuy

It's simple if all you care about is whether it happens or not. Yes, it does happen.

But if you care about whether it's right or not, it isn't simple at all. Every illogical and self-serving argument needs to be dealt with before the truth becomes apparent.

The greedy, irresponsible banks and their (often unwitting) apologists, like iambroke and willgator, can muster enough illogic to stupify the average person. Someone needs to point out exactly where they're wrong. And that takes time.

iambroke, after defending inexcusable rapacity on the part of Chase, finally said something like, "I'm not here to defend the banks." After enough discussion, iambroke, who doesn't like debt and wants to stay independent of the banks, finally realized how silly it was to defend them. That's the power of open discussion. But it took time, and it wasn't as simple as willgator might prefer.

8. willgator

Re: Re: Re: Chase Repricing

why don't you write your letter to chase instead of punishing us with your babble rich guy, we all know it's wrong just like cap 1 is wrong not to report credit ilines instead of high credit , but you seem to defend them in a few different threads??????? also didn't you work for one of the worst credit companies yourself providian ///// I am sure you have harassed your fair share of consumers huh!!!!!!!!!

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

We can raise your rates for CAUSE or NO CAUSE with 20-30 days written notice...YOU DON'T LIKE IT...CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT!!!

10. willgator

exactly!!!!!!!

11. iambroke

Yeah....tell me about it....I was trying to explain that to the OP but now I'm dishonest and SICK

And I'm not defending the banks. We as consumers have choices on what terms we can handle and what we can't. Just take your business elsewhere if you aren't satisfied.

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

"IF" you are happy with the card and interest rate and use the card and they make money off you...WHY SCARE YOU OFF WITH CUT CREDIT LIMITS AND/OR HIGHER INTEREST RATES???

Do some people just BEND OVER AND TAKE IT???

13. catnap1972

catnap1972 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Chase Repricing

Apparently so, or else they wouldn't do it.