Chase requirements

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Marie, Mar 7, 2001.

1. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

anyone know scores/ or approval requirements?
    Or alternatively, anyone w/a bk7.. did you get one?

I only want the unsecured card, by the way.

2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Two years ago, I apply for Chase secured Visa card. They denied me and returned my deposit. It was because I got two or three charge-off accounts in my report. I don't know they will approve you an unsecured card w/a bk7. Try Capital One unsecured Viss/MasterCard they might approve you with higher annual fees (something like $720 and higher APR 19.8%).

3. once38

once38 Well-Known Member

I think they are pretty strict and it would probably be best to call first rather than risk an inquiry.I got a pre approved platinum offer in the mail but was only approved for the standard card, which in itself surprised me because I am very overextended and have a ton of inquiries in the last six months.Just got declined today for an Eddie Bauer mastercard.I have secured Fcnb with 5000 limit.They told me they want perfect credit for the eddie bauer.

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I got approved Eddie Bauer MasterCard instantly when I apply on-line. I don't know what they required for Eddie Bauer MasterCard. I got only $2500 when I got other Platinium cards like Citibank, NextCard. I think I got disappointed when they approve me $2500. By the way, Chase may not give you Platinium cards, they can give you classic cards. Last year, I applied for Discover Platinium, they just give me a Classic Discover. It is entirely upt them and it is based on how they scored your credit. If you have too much credit accounts or inquiries, it will bring down credit scores to get credit.

5. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Chase is my greatest credit victory so far. They pulled Trans Union, when I had a single judgment on there, over 3 years old. I also had a utilization ratio of about 95% at the time. I got approved, but those were given as reasons for issuing me the Classic rather than the Platinum Visa. Still at a rate of Prime+1.4%, though.

My strengths at the time? No late pays, ever. Only three open accounts. One card open for 6 years. Total credit at about 5% of income.

6. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

I received different answers when I asked customer service reps about if I could get a Chase secured card with a BK on my report, but most of them said no. I imagine Chase's unsecured requirements are stricter.

7. marci

marci Well-Known Member

I was told by two separate reps (from the credit dept.) that the minimum score
    for a classic was 650.

I was also told by a general rep (from the application dept.) that he had seen approvals
    with 550 or more. I believe the first two reps.

Marci

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

At that time they turned me down for the Chase secured card and the main reason was the charge-off accounts. Major banks require applicants without any charge-off accounts or bk and they don't ever have any deliquency accounts previously with them.