Chase secured reporting!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Hope, Jul 18, 2001.

1. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

My son says he got an alert from Privista and it was for a new account. When he logged in, it was showing his Chase secured MasterCard with credit limit and all!

Wow! I thought Chase didn't report!

2. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Chase does report AND they MISreport. Watch them like a hawk. They report to all three agencies and if they do misreport count on it taking months to get set straight, if at all. You son needs to be careful because Chase is up there running near the head of the pack with all the others imposing punitive APR's, and lowering CL's should any justification vis a vis your sons credit report/balance to credit limit ratios/ or any present or past delinquencies show up. Also, in disputes you are bound by arbitration and by agreeing to take the card and it's cardmember agreement cannot sue.

3. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Wow! Thanks for the education. I don't have a Chase card myself (Chase Mortgage though), but I'll give my son the heads up.

I thought I remembered reading here weeks ago that Chase and some other banks no longer report secured cards or limits...or something.

Guess I misread.

4. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

I didn't make the distinction with the secured. Mine was unsecured. Closed that one over 4 yrs ago. Bad experiences with Chase, particularly with them posting payments late - always sent them 7 to 10 days early and somehow they always posted one day too late. I'd love to go back over all the old statements with a fine tooth comb and nail them like the class action against First USA Bank did for the same practices.

My husband just received a Platinum offer from them and I read their cardmember agreement. They screwed me years ago and I wanted to see what else they had in fine print so I just found out about the arbitration clause. They pulled the high interest/cut your limit bit on me in '97 or '98. I paid them off swiftly and closed the card out.

Like I said, watch them and play by their rules only - and watch for those inserts with the statements because you will never know when the rules have again changed to your detriment.

5. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

A word to the wise is sufficient!

Thanks!