Chase Shopnow.com card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Flman_2000, Oct 14, 2000.

1. Flman_2000

Flman_2000 Guest

This is kinda directed to Roni, but, did you notice in the disclosures that the account may be transferred to Merrick Bank?

I'm thinking that those who aren't approved for Chase will possibly have the account approved and maintained by Merrick Bank.

And Roni, is your interest rate after the intro period really 11.99%?? That's what it says for non-platinum rates after intro.

2. T

T Guest

I have the card and it is from Chase. It has a fixed rate of the 11.99. I have the standard card.

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Yes, i think so. That is what the rep said but I didnot read all the disclosures. I am not exactly that picky when trying to restore my credit rating. Did you apply for the card. Also I wanted to point out that this is the card I applied for and received. So I recommended it. But the rep said that the requirements for all the classic chase cards are the same thus I could have gotton the classic bell atlantic. It depends on which rewards you are looking for. I wouldnot expect any instant responses or quick letters from Chase. I had forgotten that I had applied for the card when I received it. It took about 2-3 weeks.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

my intro rate for the shop now is 3.0 approx.

5. Flman_2000

Flman_2000 Guest

Roni-

So if I am approved, could I have them issue me the Chase Classic Visa instead of the Shopnow.com Visa?

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

No. you have to close the account and reapply. that is why I said apply for one or the other. the choice is yours. And I broke my crystal ball.

7. tj

tj Guest

Roni..how many inquiries do you have out in the last six months????just curious

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

b4 u judge me. I will explain. I bought a car-6 inq, bought insurance-5 inq., starting rebuilding my credit and got 6 subprime cards in 4/00 - 6 inq., I tried stupid sites like lendingtree twice, I applied to AMex twice, and my Citibank cards and my chase, And I got a chase installment loan and a finance account for furniture with MBNA. Oh yeah I was turned down by FirstUSA, Target Walmart, Macy's and so on. That totals to about 20-25 inquiries spread on all reports. I think that explains all. I ruined my inquiries in a short period of time to crash my score and not apply for anything else for a very,very, very long time.