Chase unauthorized charges!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Alex, Jul 20, 2001.

1. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Checking my Chase card statement for this month I found that Chase has signed me up for credit insurance, that's a nice $40 in their pocket. The problem is that I never authorized them to sign me up for this service! I never agreed either by phone or in writting.

I called them to complain and they suposedly credited me for this, I asked for proof that I had authorized this charge and they said that there was nothing on their records but that they will look and let me know.

TIP: Always... Always check your statements throughly each and every month!!

Alex.

--------------
    Free Credit Tips.
    http://www.Creditinsiders.com

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

I have a special form i use to keep a ledger of all my bills including credit cards,utilities,loans etc.
    I keep the original blank copy of the form and run off 8 or 10 copies as needed.
    I enter the date and the amount of each credit or charge on each line and number each line.
    When I get my statement I note the line number from the ledger on the statement next to the amount on the statement:
    When I get done there better not be any amounts on the statement that aren't on the ledger!
    Another thing nice about this ledger is when they have an incorrect balance i send them a copy of the ledger asking them to explaine why the statement dosen't agree with the ledger?