Chase Upgrade

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JacquiG, Dec 15, 2000.

1. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,
    I have a Chase classic card at $4000 that was opened in early July. It will hit 6 months next month. Right now, it has a 3.99% APR until April for purchases/transfers, but I just moved $3500 to Citibank, then put $3900 back so I could take advantage of a "3.99% until paid" offer.

OK, here's the issue: When the promo period ends, the rate goes to 18.99%. After reading all the Citibank upgrade posts, I decided to call and see if Chase would change the card to a Gold or Platinum. The rep said they call it a 'trade-up', and in effect, I would have to apply for it, with a credit inquiry and all. Had to stop there since I've opened several accounts recently and don't want the unnecessary (at this point) inquiry.

Has anyone successfully upgraded a Chase card? Did you keep the same account number, get a line increase, what happened? Also, how long was the processing time?

TIA.

2. average jo

average jo Guest

I used to have a chase classic credit card.I have been with chase for over 7 1/2 yrs.I have recently just upgraded for their platinum card.They told me that i didn't need to apply but they do do a quick review of my credit history "soft inquirie"before issuing my new chase platinum card.They told me i should receive my new card in 7 to 14 days.I have been approved for their highest status credit card.Also it does have a brand new account number plus additional benefits as well.The most important benefit to me is their balance transfer offers which will be better then the classic.Yes it is a trade up but no application for me or any "hard inquirie" for me.

3. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

I have 4 Chase accounts, one of them is silver, but I do not believe it is a platinum card. The lines vary from $10,000 to $14,000.

http://www.creditsense.com

4. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Thanks for the responses. I guess they would have to do an inquiry on me because the account hasn't been opened very long. We'll see what happens in March, when I call again to ask for the upgrade.