Chase/Wells Fargo Instant Appr

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JacquiG, Jul 5, 2000.

1. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Has anyone applied online for either of these cards? Were you approved/declined/reviewed? I read somewhere that the majority of online applications are declined, which I was twice last summer prior to my Discover card a few months ago. Is my 'under review' again a definite No?

2. David D.

David D. Guest

RE: Chase/Wells Fargo Instant

I applied for the Chase I-Card, which boasts approval in 2 minutes, but I never got any response. I called Chase and they said my application was received and approved. OK, I said, I'll have my account number and expiration date, as promised. The individual I talked to couldn't give me that information. All in all, I ended up not taking the I-Card because of all of the hassle!

3. Darrell

Darrell Guest

RE: Chase/Wells Fargo Instant

Wells Fargo offers instant online approval and will tell you online what your credit limit will be. Card comes in about a week, followed by the PIN.

Customer service is excellent, although the standard APR is on the high side (18.4 percent) for a prime card.

Wells Fargo has a nice online account-management site. Payments post virtually upon receipt. I mailed my payment a few thousand miles to Phoenix on June 29 and the credit appeared on my account this morning. That was no mean feat with the July 4 holiday and a weekend thrown in.

I'm uncertain if they'll approve you if you have a demerit or two on your credit. My report is clean with a FICO score over 700, yet my interest rate is 18.4 percent. Credit line is $3,000.

They pulled TransUnion, but I can't say for certain if that's the only bureau they use.

Hope this helps.