CHASE - WHAT HAPPENED TO MY AP

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Donna, Jan 17, 2001.

1. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

As some of you know, I aplied, online, for a Chase card a couple weeks back and I've been waiting for the results. Momof3 encouraged me to call to find out the status and so I did. Earlier, when I called the computers were down; but, when I checked again, they were up and running.

Anyway, the customer service rep couldn't find any record of my application. She tried, both under my name and Social Security number, and nothing came up on her screen. Generally, the rep told me, online applications make it into their system within two days.

Anyway, I'm frustrated! I'm not sure whether to continue waiting or submit another form. When I submitted the online ap, the form went through. I didn't get an error message or a sign that anything was wrong.

So at least I know what's going on now. Currently, I'm no further ahead than when I started.

Donna

2. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

RE: CHASE - WHAT HAPPENED TO M

I applied to Bank of America over a month ago on-line. Got an e-mail as to how to access for status. Never heard a word, status says that they found no matches. My CR's do not reflect an inquiry. My bet is, it never went through on the on-line system. They just auto respond by e-mail since this is on the first page of the application, and they assume that it went through without a problem. Unforunately, so do we!

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

That's terrible Donna, I am so sorry, you don't know anymore than you did this morning. I do believe that sometimes these things don't go through as they should, what did they rep suggest you do?? I wouldn't want you to do this again and burn an inquiry if you don't have to.

Mom

4. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Thanks, Jamie, for sharing your experience.

Situations like this are soooo frustrating! I wish I had gone ahead and applied over the phone. My guess is that, like yours, my ap never went through.

5. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Mom,

I called again to see about submitting another application over the phone. I was transferred to another department and the rep there searched for my application again. Of course, he couldn't find it.

His advice was to wait seven to ten more days prior to reapplying. He said there wouldn't be a record of me in his system until a decision is made on my ap.

Frankly, that doesn't make sense to me and I'm not comfortable with that information. However, I'll play it safe and continue waiting for a couple more weeks.

The rep also said that the application process took a full 30 days and that Chase is pretty back-logged right now.

The fact that my application can't be located in their system is very suspect. The first rep I spoke with said that it should have made it into their computer within two days after it was received. And now this second rep is telling me something totally different. My best bet is that my application is lost. If there is a different result, I'll be very surprised.

Thanks.

Donna

6. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

I applied to Chase the same day as BofA. 12/30/00. Just got a denial in the mail today because of a collection acct. That nasty elec. bill my ex stuck me with. Thats got to go...this time I hope. Waiting patiently...:)

7. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about the denial, Jamie. How crummy when that happens.

Here's something interesting, though. You applied to Chase after I did and have already received a response. My ap was submitted on December 27. Now, more than ever, I'm convinced it's lost.

Thanks.

Donna

8. John Shimm

John Shimm Guest

I applied for a Chase Gold card right before Christmas. Had minor problems that day, but called them and they said they had the application. It took nearly a month, but I just got my cards in the mail yesterday. They said that they were quite back-logged.