Chase

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Reshod, Jun 22, 2001.

1. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

:)

I applied for a Chase Card 2 months ago and was denied!

I called the new credit department, who explained that my denial was based off of a paid collection from 1995.

I also sent 2 letters via planetfeedback.com, stating that their approval process was outrageous and that a 1995 paid collection should not have been the sole reason for denial.

Well, I look in the mail today and there is a Chase CC with a 1k limit.

I guess you can call this a victory, for all those with imperfect credit. However, I see it more as an insult since my other cards range from 1K-8.2K.

I think that I will call them and ask for a reevaluation.

Just sharing info that PFB does indeed WORK!

Good Luck

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Well, I think I should say Congrats...but your right..that's an important point ...PlanetFeedback goes up another notch in my book!

3. mj

mj Well-Known Member

Reshod - what kind of terms did they offer?

Chase is good for offering excellent balance xfer offers (maybe down the road) ... but are sticklers about limit increases with ANY negative info.

4. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

the terms are great!!! 2.9% on balance transfers and purchases until December. With a goto rate of 16.4%.

Thanks All.

Thanks PFB

5. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

Reshod, I would exercise that $1000. I have 4 accounts with Chase, the lowest limit is $10,000.

www.creditsense.com

6. mj

mj Well-Known Member

Reshod - sounds like a good deal - when you intro rate expires, make sure you call to see about lowweing your goto rate - they'll probably offer you another great balance transfer deal (which lowers your regular rate too).

Best o' luck-
    mj