Chat Room

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Dani, Jul 10, 2001.

1. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Okay, I'm a newbie at this. I tried using the chat room and although I can see who is in there. I can't type anything. Am I doing something wrong? I got to be because it's not working.

Dani

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Hi Dani,
    What browser and version are you using? It sounds like you have the right software but may need a bit of help with buggy older versions of the browsers.

-Dave

3. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

I know its Netscape and I think its 4.0.

Dani

4. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Most likely you need an update to your browser to chat "effectively" 4.0 Netscape was the first version to use the features of Javascript and Java (which is prevalent in the chat routine) but NOT so well. There were several "quick" fixes for 4.0 using Java and Javascript.

Netscape has updates...4.7 would be a match for your current browser's "look and feel" and I would recommend that version. However, Netscape's current version is Netscape 6.X. You can go to www.Netscape.com and get either version if you poke around. I will post the links if you can not find them.

Hope that helps. It will probably clear up lots of other issues with browsing the Internet that you have encountered but not attributed to your browser.

-Dave

5. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Thank you, Dave. I'll update it tonight.

Dani

6. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Netscape 6 is kinda wierd. I would avoid it. :) I have it, never use it.

breeze