Checking Account STRANGE...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by GEORGE, Sep 15, 2003.

1. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

My checking account has had $500.00 that is in the "AVAILABLE" slot...but does not have a "LINE ITEM" to say what the $500.00 DEPOSIT WAS...OR WHEN...

Would a bank give you a $500.00 "BUFFER" if you never asked for it...or ever needed it...AND NEVER ASK YOU OR TOLD YOU THEY WERE GOING TO DO IT???

2. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

I don't think so. Maybe someone EFT'd you a deposit? Someone in your family transfer funds?

I have had the available funds show up on something like a direct deposit and then the actual transaction doesn't show up until the next day. Could it be something like that?

Otherwise, I might have to think the the UYGF has left your credit life and come into the rest of your financial life.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

WITH MY LUCK...I will have to pay back the $500.00 with interest even though I didn't put it there!!!

They have no "LINE ITEM" for it...JUST SHOWED UP LAST WEEK (if it was an incoming EFT...it would have a "LINE ITEM")

4. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

And if my theory held, the line item would show up the next day.

I've had my paycheck show up in the available balance but not show an actual item for it until the next day. I think that happens when they run the tape too late but the bank needs to make the funds available. If I try to reconcile my account I'll be off by that amount. But it always shows up the NEXT day.

Have you contacted the bank yet? What did they say?

5. jrjr37

jrjr37 Well-Known Member

Could it be a personal reserve account?

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Checking Account STRANGE...

NO...

I just got to thinkin' WHAT IF IT IS MY KIDS MONEY??? BOTH OF THEM ALSO HAVE ACCOUNTS...

BUT IT STILL HAS NO "LINE ITEM" FOR IT...IT IS JUST $500.00 OVER WHAT THE "CURRENT BALANCE" IS...

7. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Checking Account STRANGE...

So your available is more than the current balance? I didn't understand that part. That does sound really STRANGE! I thought it was in your balance and available and you didn't know where it came from.

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Checking Account STRANGE...

AVAILABLE BALANCE IS $500.00 MORE THAN THE CURRENT BALANCE

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Checking Account STRANGE...

NEVER-MIND

I just called the BANK...the thing MUST be an ON-LINE GLITCH...

THE PHONE LINE ACCESS NUMBER SAID THE AVAILABLE BALANCE IS THE SAME AS THE CURRENT BALANCE...

STILL STRANGE...