Checking and Credit?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Tony, Mar 7, 2001.

1. Tony

Tony Guest

I opened up at Bank of America checking account last saturday at a local branch here in california. I already had a Visa from them. While opening the checking account, the lady told me that I was approved for a new visa with a $9500 limit. I thought that was strange, since I did not authorize her to apply for credit. The card arrived a week later. I thought it was strange since I did not fill out an application when I opened my checking account. Anyone else had this experience?

2. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

I bet you the banker was just trying to get credit/commission on opening the credit card as well.

3. kev

kev Guest

this exact thing happin to me. The only difference was I told them i wouldn't mind a check card and when the pin number came I thought they gave me 2 of them!! then the c card came...

4. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

Re:

The credit union i bank with does that they prescreen you when you apply for a checking account. And give you the offer if you want it .

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Re:

All major banks pull credit now!

I was declined for BOFA for an AU chargeoff about 10 years ago.I got the company to write a letter to BOFA explaining it wasnt mine, they approved me.

:)

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Re:

Here is Texas they asked me a couple of times when I asked for opening Bank Of America. I think they have all your personal information in their computer. All your accounts will show up in their terminal because new accounts representative showed it to me once including the balance of all your accounts and the credit limits of all your credit cards.