CHEEZY CARD OFFER

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dogman, Mar 23, 2001.

1. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Have you all noticed the "flashing AD" for the CENTENNIAL
    Visa? Of course I clicked on it - another card that commits "highway or (ATM) robbery." From our fabulous friends at 1st Premier.

I did not apply - even for the MAX $1000 limit :)

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

About Centennial Card

About Centennial Card
    The Centennial VISA® or MasterCard® is especially designed for people
    who have had difficulties being approved for a major credit card. The
    Centennial Card is issued by First PREMIER Bank, one of the nation's
    leading credit card issuers specializing in MASTERCARD® and VISA®
    credit cards which help consumers establish or re-establish their credit
    history .

$1,000 max...does that mean that somebody on a dare with $50,000+ income applied, they would really only give them $1,000 ???

3. Michael

Michael Guest

Re: About Centennial Card

I don't think Donald Trump could get $1,000.00 right away from first premier!

4. lucy

lucy Well-Known Member

IMHO, First Premier is an excellent bank to deal with in any case. I have a house and a new car, but I cannot seem to get a good credit card. We had 2 charge-offs from First Premier back in 1999, and I reapplied recently and they gave my husband a Centennial Card and me a Future Card. They charge high fees I know, but they credit payments very fast. I mailed mine out from Florida on 3/19 and it was received and credited on 3/21. Pretty good if you ask me, 2 days to South Dakota. And they have good customer service and an 800 number, so I will stay with them for 2 years and hope to get better cards in the future. Just my opinion.

5. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

First premier sucks. Got a 1500. secured visa in 1997. Always paid on time always paid more than the limit. They never offered me a limit increase until early 2000. It was all of 400. Last month I paid it off and closed it. They will not send my 1500. back for 90 days. This is b.s. I have gone up and down the line from reps to supervisors and back but get no relief. Just waiting impatiently for my deposit.

6. lucy

lucy Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your problems Eddie. That's why I wouldn't apply for a secured card to start with. Heaven knows when you would get your money back. I've never had a problem with them.