Chevron Basic Gas Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by A.C. Brown, Sep 6, 2000.

1. A.C. Brown

A.C. Brown Guest

They turned me down. Reason: I have a BK on my credit report, they didn't consider me for the Credit Builder card either.

2. FISH

FISH Guest

When I called customer service and asked to speak with a supervisor, they said the BK had to be over 5 years

3. Hubert X

Hubert X Guest

I got one preapproved. Your credit must really stink. In fact, that bankruptcy was a huge mistake. If you refuse to pay your bills, it really catches up with you.

Why should the honest Chevron cardholders pay higher prices and finance charges just so freeloaders like you can walk away from your bills again? Chevron has a duty to keep parasites out of their credit portfolio. I wouldn't blame them if they were very cautious about granting you credit.

4. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Hey Hubert x,

You don't know what the reasons were for
    Fish filing BK. I don't think you have any right to be calling anyone names or put downs. If you don't have anything constructive to say - then don't say anything.

5. Killer

Killer Guest

Hubert X

This is totally uncalled for! Please shut your rude mouth. I am a Chevron cardholder and I don't consider anyone a parasite. I will reserve my thoughts about you.

6. Hubert X

Hubert X Guest

My comments were highly constructive. We are building a new world order in which all those who do not pay their bills will be excluded FOREVER. The result will be greater prosperity for the rest of us.

7. Hubert X

Hubert X Guest

To call yourself a "Killer" is extremely rude. It is a vicious insult to those of us who have lost loved ones. Wars, accidents, and disease have caused untold tragedy in our lives. You simply add to the suffering with the casual threat implied by your phony name. What will you do, kill those who disagree with you? Kill the honest cardholders who are tired of paying for freeloaders?

8. justme

justme Guest

dude, you've got some serious problems.

if you don't want to pay for the sins (or crimes, or mistakes, or misjudgements, or whatever) of others by paying higher finance charges, here's an idea: don't carry any credit cards. In fact, don't have a bank account, health insurance or car insurance for that matter. Don't pay taxes either, because some of your tax money goes to welfare recipients and programs for the less fortunate (or sinners).

so, don't be a moron, ok? there's way too many of you out in the world.

9. Killer

Killer Guest

Boy do I agree! Oh well...just another crazy day!

10. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Hmmm. I think Hubert was trying, in his own arrogant way, to defend credit standards. Credit and insurance are NOT based on accepting everyone who applies.

If you believe everything you posted, then you probably think "credit protection" insurance is a great thing, when in fact it's an overpriced fraud, literally begging to be abused.

By the way, Hubert, I despise the "New World Order" and the fanatics who promote it. Your own life obviously lacks meaning and control, but don't look for giant corporations or a one-world government to control it for you. That way, everyone gets hurt.

11. FISH

FISH Guest

Give it a REST, this board is meant for info NOT YOUR SMART remarks. It is where we can find out info and why certain things might be done as they were. Not everyone may be as perfect as you and may have run into hard times at one time or another and are now trying to rebuild

12. miles

miles Well-Known Member

It's really sad you feel this way. Decisions to file bk can come from many reasons. Companies close and employees are laid off, unexpected illness, money managers who steal their client's money, etc. You hear about this everyday on the news & it could happen to the most unsuspecting citizen. It could happen to you! My motto is Never say NEVER. I worked for an employer who ended up "restructuring" the company & laid off over 100 people without much notice. Believe me when I say, there was no pre-conceived notion that this would occur. I did not have a problem with my finances as I could rely on family until I found a new job, but everyone does NOT have that luxury. Please keep issues like this in mind before you comment on people who file bk. For the majority of people, it is a last resort & they hate doing it.

13. justme

justme Guest

my response tried to address his concern about the raising finance fees companies charge paying customers to offset the costs of doing business with non-paying customers. Banks, insurance companies and yes, even our government, all charge more and increased fees to cover losses associated with bad loan decisions and soaring claims even though the ones paying those fees and increased premiums had nothing to do with making bad loan decisions or increased claim filings.

your comment about credit insurance confused me and I'm not sure it was meant for me. I personally don't believe in it.

Incidentally, my credit is spotless and I read this board for useful information regarding credit grantors. It frightens me when people adopt a "holier than thou" attitude and throw phrases around such as "new world order". It is very Hitler-esque and therefore disturbing to me. The reality, though, is that there is a growing chasm between the prime and sub-prime consumer segments, how that is creating two distinct classes of people with very different lifestyles and opportunities. I read an interesting article about that last week while on vacation. Scary...

14. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

THX Miles - Well said!

Miles, Thx for your comments. :)

Hube, buddy - I didn't plan on catching HIV or dying, then I really wasn't prepared when the guy upstairs produced the AIDS cocktail and spared me.
    I had $127K in cards available, Hube.
    I bet my credit was better than yours.

When I kicked off, insurance would have more than paid for them all. I wasn't stiffing anybody.

Hubert, buddy, what would you do if your frickin doctor told you - go ahead and buy and do whatever you want cause you probably have 2 yrs left? What would you frickin do if you were so sick you couldn't get out of a chair?

THX to EVERYONE ON this BOARD, except you, we have all helped each other.

If you are so frickin great why are you even here? You do not amuse me in the least.