Chevron Card Arrived Today

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Killer, Aug 14, 2000.

1. Killer

Killer Guest

To Stormie and others that are interested:

I received my Chevron card today after applying via credit building program. I mailed my fee using a money order via overnight express on 07/24. I called them on 08/11 and they said they set-up my account on 07/26 and the card should have arrived already. Well it came today 08/14. Also, watch your mail closely...the card came ready-to-use with no activation required.

2. Stormie

Stormie Guest

Thanks so much for telling me that, I'll pass that info on to my son. I think he sent his annual fee in around the sametime frame, so hpefully it should not be too long for him either. Thats scarey no activation required, perhaps the will require an ID on your first purchase ? I am not farmilar with gas cards at all. I'll let you know when he gets it.

3. joe

joe Well-Known Member

i am credit builder program too. my card came today also. my card was ordered on 7/28. mailed on 8/5 according to them and rec'd today 8.14 they are slower than xmas in getting the card to you. i paid 30.00 annual fee. they are really slow in my opinion. apr is 23.% interest if you do not pay in full. min payment is 15% of balance. still happy to get it though.

4. alison

alison Guest

I have a few gas charge cards, chevron being one of them, and even on the regular account program there is no activation and no need for ID on your first purchase.

5. Killer

Killer Guest

Yep! You're right! I just used the card for the 1st time and I wasn't asked for ID. No activation and no ID...some criminal could have ripped me off!

6. Joann Morg

Joann Morg Guest

I am trying to rebuild my credit. How can I get a fuel card such as chevron.

Is this possible. How do I apply?

Thanks

7. Jo

Jo Guest

How do I apply online for a Chevron card to re build credit.

Thanks

8. James

James Guest

RE: How To Apply !

http://www.chevron.com

apply for the basic card. If you are not approved for the basic account, they will offer you the credit builders account, if you meet their criteria.

You can also phone at 1-800-373-3277

Good Luck

9. A.C. Brown

A.C. Brown Guest

How would you rate your credit? I called Chevron and they told me I would have to apply for the basic card first and if I am denied then they would consider me for the credit builders account and the score has to be a certain amount but she did not tell me what the score is. Was your applying done in this manner?

10. Killer

Killer Guest

Yes it was. I applied over the phone. I told the rep to approve for the credit building program if I didn't qualify (I knew wouldn't qualify for regular card). She said that she didn't have that authority but the computer makes the decision. So I took a chance. I gave her my info and she immediately told me that I didn't qualify for reg card but I was "tagged" for credit build. She then transferred me to a different person who explained the program and told me wait on my letter and then mail the $30 fee. They gave me a small limit of $300 (small but it helps). At the time I applied I had only 2 positive accounts on my credit report that were only 3 months old each. About a month before I applied, a car dealer told me my score was only 513. I remember the 2nd rep emphasizing that I had been with same employer for eight years. I guess length of residence didn't matter because I had only been living at my address for 2 months. As you can see, my credit wasn't good.

11. Stormie

Stormie Guest

Well his card finally arrived today ! It took just over three weeks or so. But I thought I'd let you know that it arrived, and he is very happy to finally have a gas card.

12. Killer

Killer Guest

Incredibly slow company but I am happy they gave me a card. I just set up on-line payment;however, account balances aren't available on-line. I'm glad they have a toll-free number to call and get balance.