Chevron Card Holders

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Reshod, Feb 12, 2001.

1. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Was wondering was everyones APR was on their Chevron Card. Mine is 22.5%. I called today to get it lowered and was given the standard response; "with the economy, everyones APR is 22.5."

Any questions.

Also, I checked they dont have a retention department.

Reshod

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Don't you have a 9.99% card???

BALANCE TRANSFER CHEVRON AWAY...

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

My Chevron is the same. I was under the impression that a majority of Dept. and gas store cards do not negotiate APRs. Besides, I wouldn't care if the APR on my Chevron card was 50%.....I pay the card off in full anyway. I'm only using the card for the trade line. I don't even usually buy gas at Chevron (too expensive) but occationally I'll fill up just to get a free car wash!

4. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Planetfeedback.com and Chevron

Smart thinking MP$40

I wrote Chevron via planetfeedback.com and complained about the Customer Service Rep. the high APR and the lack of a retention department.

I will post back with the results.

Reshod

5. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

RE: Planetfeedback.com and Che

The reason why Chevron has no retention dept. is because they ARE NOT interested in *RETAINING* any customers. If they were, they would offer lots of perks. They have no perks therefore they don't care if you cancel your card or not. They figure what's the difference if they use a Chevron card vs. Am/Ex, Visa, etc. You're still buying gas at CHEVRON and that's all they care about.

I don't consider their APR to be high at all (in comparison to other gas and dept. stores) unless you are doing your weekly grocery shopping at the Chevron mini mart and charging on your Chevron card???? Kidding...

6. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

RE: Planetfeedback.com and Che

lol

MP$40 wrote:
    -------------------------------
    The reason why Chevron has no retention dept. is because they ARE NOT interested in *RETAINING* any customers. If they were, they would offer lots of perks. They have no perks therefore they don't care if you cancel your card or not. They figure what's the difference if they use a Chevron card vs. Am/Ex, Visa, etc. You're still buying gas at CHEVRON and that's all they care about.

I don't consider their APR to be high at all (in comparison to other gas and dept. stores) unless you are doing your weekly grocery shopping at the Chevron mini mart and charging on your Chevron card???? Kidding...