Chevron Credit Builder...SURPR

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Killer, Sep 8, 2000.

1. Killer

Killer Guest

I received my first statement today and boy did I get a surprise! Because of my damaged credit, I was glad to receive this card. I needed a gas card because my job requires me to travel. I am required to purchase my gas and turn in receipts. But now I charge on my Chevron card and turn in a copy of my statement. So getting a gas card was a great solution for me. I was so was elated to get a gas card, I didn't notice all the details. Guess what? The minimum payment ain't no chump change. I charged $284.00 and my minimum payment is $85.00! Now this is not problem for me because my employer will give me check for the whole thing. However, for others please be aware!

2. BarryN - C

BarryN - C Guest

RE: Chevron Credit Builder...S

Killer.. I carry a Diamond Shamrock and Texaco. I never ever recommend carrying a balance on these hi apr traps. They are convenient, but be sure to pay in full each month. My DS card requires full each month anyways.

Congrats,

BarryN

3. alison

alison Guest

Besides, if you only paid the minimum (ie: 50.00) and you're at your limit, you would only be able to buy gas once the following month and no gas any other month. Now you have a maxed out card and no gas.

4. Stormie

Stormie Guest

Yes the minimums on those types of cards can be a bit high, often 25-30 % of the balance. It's better to pay these in full each month. Do you really want to pay interest on gasoline, probably not. Allthough I'm sure it came as quite a shock. My son recieved a card from chevron too, he charged around 100 dollars but payed it off right away. He too will be using it for work related expenses. A good way to build credit, and not have to pay it yourself, (employer reimbursment).

5. Killer

Killer Guest

Thanx to all for your comment. That's why I like this site. I am learning so much!