Chevron

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by miles, Oct 16, 2000.

1. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Good news for all of you who recently received the Chevron card. They are buying out Texaco. You'll now have more locations to use your card nationwide!

2. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

But what will happen to my Tex

This is bad news to me. My Texaco card -- no annual fee, no deposit -- was one of two credit cards to survive my bankruptcy. I was worried about Citibank cancelling it when Citi finished its aquisition of Associates. (Associates runs the Texaco credit cards, and Citi was included in my Chapter 7.)

Now I worry Chevron won't transfer my Texaco card into a regular credit card. And I don't want to have to open a Chevron Credit Builder card. Heck, Texaco is one of the few creditors I have a good history with.

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

What's wrong w/ the Chevron CB

You stated that you don't want to have to open up a credit builder card? Why?

4. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

RE: What's wrong w/ the Chevro

Because:

1) There's no Chevron anywhere near me. There's Texaco, but my current Texaco card has no annual fee and no security deposit. The card is in good standing and always has been -- and it doesn't expire for another couple of years. (I didn't owe Texaco anything when I filed for BK.) So if Chevron cancels a regular credit card in good standing and then wants me to pay an annual fee and make a security deposit, I'm not going to do it.

2) Chevron is pricey. If I'm going to pay an annual fee for a gasoline card, it would be for Sunoco or Gulf, which have the best prices and most locations around here.

3) I'd rather use an annual fee and security deposit for a good secured bank card. Then I would charge all of my gas purchases to my CarClub debit card, which gives me a 10 percent discount on gasoline purchases. The only reason I don't do so already is that if I make at least four eight-gallon purchases a month on my Texaco card, I get free road-side assistance, collision deductible reimbursement, emergency motel reimbursement, etc. Heck, I can even get a $25 cash advance on my Texaco card, though I doubt I'd ever use that function.

5. Greg

Greg Guest

RE: What's wrong w/ the Chevro

I totally agree with you! I just called Texaco and had my account closed. There is no way that I am going to pay an annual fee to use a gasoline card. I had a regular Chevron card a long time ago and closed it because of the annual fee. The revolving APR on gas cards is expensive, too. It's cheaper if I just use my debit card.