ChexSystems Success!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DaveLV, Apr 28, 2001.

1. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Some of you may recall that I sent in a dispute letter to ChexSystems a few weeks ago. Well, I'm happy to report I got a letter from them indicating the entry I disputed has been deleted.

Interestingly it says the item "has been deleted from your file at the request of the source of the informnation." It's interesting because the listing was 100% valid.

Now I have a clean Chex report. About a year ago I was able to open a checking account with TD Waterhouse, and have really had no problems with them. I may open a second account locally if I can find one with no fees, just so I have a place to deposit checks without sending them through the mail.

2. Toothman

Toothman Well-Known Member

Dave:

Do you know how long a Chexsystem entry remains on your report?

3. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Five years.

4. Toothman

Toothman Well-Known Member

Yikes!! That is awful.

5. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Do you have anything reporting to Chex? I was surprised how easy it was to get rid of mine.

6. jonesing

jonesing Well-Known Member

I have heard that some banks will disregard a ChexSytems record if it's over 3 years old. Not to mention there are other banks out there (like TD) that don't use Chex.

7. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

When you write out a check (not including Debt). Most companies will use ChexSystems to see if they should accept it. This includes 90% of the stores people shop at. I do know that most managers are NOT allowed to overide what ChexSystems say!! Also, Chexsystems is the only company that doesn't delete anything for five years even if you paid the check the very next day and can prove it!! Other compaines like Chexsytems will atleast delete once have paid the check.

CHEXSYSTEMS SUCKS......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I think that SCAN is what is used at point-of-sale for check approvals. Same parent company as Chex though.

9. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Just like the credit system _ The checking System is all scewed up also!

10. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

It might be, but in this case I did it to myself. I'm just glad to finally be off Chex.

11. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

Wow, that's encouraging. I have an entry that just turned 3 years old. Maybe I should begin disputing it.

12. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Would you be willing to post this letter?

I have an entry on Chexs as well. It is now 3 years and 6 months old. I didn't want to wake up sleeping dogs but as it turns out, BofA sent it to some agency in Washington in Oct 2000 and then they sent it to another agency in CA on March 2001! So I guess the dogs are already awake! The SOL is up in October so I think I might have to stall them out for a while until it runs out. I sent them a validation letter anyway because the debt truly isn't mine. It belongs to my damn EX! :-||

So, I guess I'll wait until Oct. before disputing anything w/ Chexs. Besides, it doesn't matter anyway. I have all the bank accounts that I need. I knew I was going to be reported to Chexs so I went out and opened up new accounts before hand. And now that I think about it, even if I was off Chexs....there aren't any banks that I would consider opening up an account at. YMMV but in my opinion BofA sucks, Wells Fargo sucks, Washington Mutual is so-so, and the rest are *Mom and Pop* type banks. The only bank that I haven't had a negative experience with other than my currect bank (Credit Union) is Citibank. Maybe I'll give them a try. They are right across the street from my house. But it's not crucial.