ChexSystems

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MSJ, Jun 1, 2000.

1. ShaleDC

ShaleDC Well-Known Member

Re: RE: ChexSystems

Actually, the FCRA applies to credit, and to credit reporting. The 7-year timeline is a compromise between business and consumers. HOWEVER, NO ONE HAS EXTENDED YOU CREDIT WHEN YOU WROTE A BAD CHECK! Instead, the checkwriter has extended himself/herself credit by deceiving (writing a worthless check) the merchant. This is why it is a crime to write a bad check, but not a crime to miss a bill payment.

The whole economic system would fail if consumers could just create their own credit by writing bad checks, and there is no reason for the FCRA to protect these people. FCRA is supposed to protect consumers who use credit, not consumers who make up credit with worthless checks.

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: RE: ChexSystems

and there is no reason for the FCRA to protect these people.
    FCRA is supposed to protect consumers who use credit, not consumers who make up credit with worthless checks.
    ShaleDC
    =====================
    They are considered a CRA and must adhere to the FCRA just like the big-3.

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''

3. lbrown59

Re: Re: RE: ChexSystems

Why do you feel that ChexSystems and TelCheck ought to have special previlages that the big 3 don't have??

4. lbrown59

There is no reason for the FCRA to protect these people
    ShaleDC
    ===============
    Shale ; Fact is this matter of returned checks is one of the most abused things committed by creditors.
    THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''

5. lbrown59

I work for a local Ohio bank and believe me, once you're on Chexsystems with them, you're on it for life...nationally too!
    *-Be careful who you screw over.
    C
    ===========
    5 years not life
    *~I'ts The check writer that gets the screwing on the
    NSF gimmick!