Circuit City credit card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Chet, Apr 28, 2001.

1. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

I went into Circuit City a few days ago, picked out a computer system, then applied for their credit card, and was approved with a $1500 limit. They use First North American National Bank, of which I have a visa card. FNANB promply reports my visa account to all 3 bureaus, so I would guess they will do the same with the Circuit City card. Will let the board know for sure in a few months.

I have a 92 BK that still shows on all 3 credit reports.

Chet

2. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Congrats Chet!

Do you have any other Retail cards?

My bk was in 92 as well - I stopped applying for any retail - always denied due to bk - freakin 9 yo.

beacon score 671 - #1 reason code 40 - that darned ole bk

This last year is a killer - I'm dying for it to disappear :)
    Kelly

3. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

Kelly,

That is my first retail card.

Do you have any prime credit cards? My FICO is 669, so it sounds like our credit situations are closely matched. I too, can't wait until this damned thing falls off my reports so I can be free at last.........

Thanks

Chet

4. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Chet

I don't have any prime cards :-(

Kelly

5. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

With a FICO of 669, you should be able to get a few prime cards, depending on the how recent you negatives are.

I received (2) Citibank Cards with a FICO of 644

1. $1800 cl

2. $4000 cl

Plus the GM card

Best Buy Card

and The AMEX student Charge Card

So let me know what I can do to help.

Cause you are knocking on the door steps of prime credit.

Good Luck,

Reshod

6. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

Reshod,

My "big" problem is that I have a 92 Bankruptcy which still appears in the public records of all 3 credit reports. It seems that all "prime" creditors immediately deny me because of the Bankruptcy, regardless of my FICO score. I have applied and been denied by all of them, even though the BK is the only negative on all of my credit reports, and that is 9 years old.

Chet

7. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Companies check credit applications

Does any one of companies that check credit apllications by hand and are willing to work woth people with past credit problems. Like a BK?

Chet, this may be the way for you to get into the prime world.

When you apply with Citibank, did you call and speak with new accounts on your denial?

They may see you willingness to overcome the BK and the perfect history after the BK and accept you into the Prime World.

Good Luck

8. the other

the other Well-Known Member

Re: Companies check credit applications

I would try the Barnes and Noble mastercard (MBNA).

You can do a search and see that they have approved people with lower scores and issues on the credit report. This includes my fiance who has charge-offs and collections on his report that aren't his. (We are trying to get these off). They pulled Trans Union for him btw, and we are in NY)

9. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Re: Companies check credit applications

Hey Chet!! Great to hear about your success!

I had a circuit city account until the mid 90's when I voluntarily closed it. They always reported to the CRA's. As you said, let us know how efficient they are these days.

Just an update on the Nordstrom account I got in February. Since it has a cash back ATM feature, I took $40 in cash in March. I am paying it off $20 in April and $20 in May. Along with purchases in Feb and June(upcoming), my account should move from "R" to "R1". I mention this because I remembered that you have been considering the card and Nordstrom is very friendly to consumers with a BK that is over 2 years old.